Clyde C Coger Jr

PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
:great:

1960s black militant H. Rap Brown challenging imprisonment

The 75-year-old inmate, who converted to Islam and now goes by the name Jamil Abdullah Al-Amin, gained prominence more than 50 years ago as a Black Panthers leader who famously said, "Violence is as American as cherry pie."

https://news.yahoo.com/ex-black-militant-turned-muslim-cleric-says-rights-124653976.html

KATE BRUMBACK
Associated Press

84d5a37a878b42a0ae013ec248543d71.jpg

FILE- In this March 11, 2002 file photo, Jamil Abdullah Al-Amin watches during the sentencing portion of his trial in Atlanta. Al-Amin, the militant civil rights leader known in the 1960s as H. Rap Brown who was convicted of killing Fulton County Sheriff's Deputy Ricky Kinchen and wounding Deputy Aldranon English in a shootout in March 2000, is challenging his imprisonment, saying his constitutional rights were violated at trial. (AP Photo/Ric Feld, File)

SOA Rap Brown was one of the black men that I really admired during the Civil Rights Movement. He was one of the first black men that I saw who wasn't afraid to speak his mind to America about racism and white people. I had an album of him. But things seemed to change for Rap Brown after the Civil Rights Movement. He robbed a bar and he just faded from the radar. Then he shot and killed a black deputy who was trying to serve him a warrant in Atlanta. I just think that years probably police surveillance and monitoring made him paranoid. His story is tragic.

Last edited:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back