Black People : 18 - Dedicated to the memory of Trayvon Martin

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by oldsoul, Jun 12, 2012.

1. OldSoul

OldSoul Permanent Black Man PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Staying Alive
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +976
    This song was written, arranged & produced by veteran music producer Darryl Duncan. It's dedicated to the memory of Trayvon Martin and ALL the young lives cut short by violence. The OFFICIAL WEBSITE for this song is
    http://www.18song.net
    . There you will find a lot more information on the song as well as purchase links. This song is available on iTunes, Amazon mp3 and other music sites. A portion of the proceeds will be donated to CeaseFire.org. If you like this song, please show your support for a good cause by purchasing it and sharing the website link with your family & friends. -Thank you.

http://www.18song.net

2. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    OldSoul...thank you for posting this dedication to the young brother. I am glad to see that there are those who don't have short memories as it appears so many of us have, which equally accounts for why our oppressors are able to do to us what they do to us. Actually I'm a little upset also because I was the 19th person to read and hear this...and yet, there was not one dam reply concerning this on this site!

This is the ish I be talking about when it comes to our people and us doing anything, building anything, having anything or even striving for something that we think we have but don't....FREEDOM. We forget too easily....until the child is our own without knowing that all these children are ours!! In a raw sense, we aren't any better than that white boy with one exception....THEY AIN'T GONNA FORGET OR LET IT GO WHEN ONE OF THEIRS DIE, BUT NOT US!!! FOR US IT'S JUST ANOTHER DAY.....SADLY, JUST ANOTHER DAY...THIS ISH GOT TO STOP!!!!

ASANTE SANA

3. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
    yup...black folks only jumped on the hoodie movement cause it was the cool thing to do at the time....it's hard to forget youth snuffed out in chicago cause it happens everyday in the summertime...smh

thanks for posting this oldsoul....

one love
    khasm