Black Teenagers : 16-Year-Old Who Who Was Whooped By His Uncle on Facebook Dies

Discussion in 'Black Teenagers - Teenz Exprezzed!' started by bingiedred, Dec 27, 2011.

1. bingiedred

bingiedred Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +242
    16-Year-Old Who Who Was Whooped By His Uncle With A Belt For Acting Like He Was In A Gang All Over Facebook Has Been Shot To Death In New Orleans!

2. skuderjaymes

skuderjaymes Contextualizer Synthesizer MEMBER

Japan
    independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
    theory to application to discussion to percussion
    Ratings:
    +6,043
    I guess this this intervention by this sagging shirtless uncle didn't work. If he had any real respect for his uncle, the uncle would be able to just talk him out of his behavior. But humiliating him to his people most likely just made him have to go out and show that he's still hard.

At 16, it's about reaching them through their heads.. not whooping they're behinds.. it doesn't work. I got my last whooping from my mother at 16.. I just stood their and looked at her.. I'm 6'3 and a half, 185 pounds... athlete.. didn't hurt.. didn't cry.. and when she finished we both laughed.

Control has to transition to influence at around 12 or 13 years old.. you can't beat them into what you want them to be.. that gang sh** is real.. and it's not always optional.. if he had joined the gang, he may not have been able to just walk away. Parents have got to be patient and deal with roots of problems.. not just the symptoms. Now this boy is gone because they failed to build a real relationship with him.

3. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    this is so sad……..

4. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
    the uncle got this kid killed....

one love
    khasm

5. skuderjaymes

Japan
    Ratings:
    +6,043
    This is a news story where they interviewed the Uncle and the Mother after the boy was shot.

And this is the original video that he was forced to post to facebook.

6. skuderjaymes

Japan
    Ratings:
    +6,043
    he really did. and even after the kid died.. the mom is saying to check your kids facebook page more often.. like facebook is some undeniable fact of life. Why expose your 16 year old to 24hrs of peer pressure? they get enough out in the streets. And the uncle is talking about he doesn't regret doing it.
    just stupid people doing stupid things.. how you sagging with your whole draws hanging out and gon discipline your nephew about his behavior..? Humiliation can lead to all kinds of problems and reactions.. and it did.. and now he's dead.

7. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,137
    @khasm and SJ

BS!

8. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
    expound....

one love
    khasm

9. skuderjaymes

Japan
    Ratings:
    +6,043
    I agree that is a fitting preface to whatever you intend to say next. thanks for the heads up.

10. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,685
    I agree with Brother jamesfrmphilly ... this is so sad ... :(

Brother skuderjaymes ... i have a similar story regarding my Son ... beating them does not always work like a parent / guardian hopes it might ... i may do a video on this topic ... this is so sad ... but yes, at about 12, my Son was laughing at my beating efforts too ... i wasn't laff'n ... :whip: ... but he was ... yeah ... this may be a good Single Black Mother Video i can do.

We're so quick to lay blame, look for someone to pin the travesty on, but there are oftentimes SO MANY circumstances and variables feeding the outcome ... some we can't even see and have no real control over ... especially when it comes to our young Black Men ... their early deaths ... their overwhelmingly disproportionate incarceration rates ... this is not a new song ... it's an old tired negro hymn ... the blues at their best ... parents / guardians are often scrambling in their heart, mind, spirit, and body for ways to save their babies ... but the odds are so against them ... if one thing don't get your baby ... another will ... there's no safety net for them ... and God forbid you as the parent or guardian does something that can ultimately be looked at as questionable ... (as if all parents don't do questionable things) ... the weight of that burden being carried for life ... it's an unending and unyielding fear of what may come ... and this is for the babies still living ... it's terrible.

but for the grace of God go i

sad sad sad

:heart:

Destee