Black History : 15,000 sign petition calling for black history museum to include Clarence Thomas

Liberty

BANNED
Aug 28, 2015
upload_2017-3-11_10-29-24.png

A petition is calling on the Smithsonian Institution to rectify the omission of U.S. Supreme Court
Justice Clarence Thomas from the recently opened National Museum of African American History and Culture.

More than 15,000 people have signed the StandUnited petition, which tells the director of the museum not to “overlook African American leaders like Justice Clarence Thomas” just because they’re conservative.

Read more

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/mar/8/clarence-thomas-petition-15k-sign-museum-african-a/

In December Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas sent a letter to the director of the African-American history museum asking for the life and accomplishments of the influential jurist to be recognized.

“I am concerned that millions of Americans, of all ages, races, religions, and walks of life, when passing through this museum, will be subjected to a singular and distorted view of Justice Thomas, an African-American who survived segregation, defeated discrimination, and ascended all the way to the Supreme Court,” the letter read.

What Ted Cruz got to do with Clarence.
Must be his new owner.

In December Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas sent a letter to the director of the African-American history museum asking for the life and accomplishments of the influential jurist to be recognized.

“I am concerned that millions of Americans, of all ages, races, religions, and walks of life, when passing through this museum, will be subjected to a singular and distorted view of Justice Thomas, an African-American who survived segregation, defeated discrimination, and ascended all the way to the Supreme Court,” the letter read.

What Ted Cruz got to do with Clarence.
Must be his new owner.

That sounds about right....

LOL...his new owner.

I don't disagree, put Clarence in the Museum, but when they do, make sure you tell his true story, particularly his historical confirmation hearing with Anita Hill's testimony. Conservative? Yeah, well, it is what it is. I want his list of rulings since being on the Supreme Court recorded and mention of the fact that he's a slime ball and is in denial about being Black--self-hatred to the fullest. And in case you're wondering, no, I don't like him.

LOL...his new owner.

I don't disagree, put Clarence in the Museum, but when they do, make sure you tell his true story, particularly his historical confirmation hearing with Anita Hill's testimony. Conservative? Yeah, well, it is what it is. I want his list of rulings since being on the Supreme Court recorded and mention of the fact that he's a slime ball and is in denial about being Black--self-hatred to the fullest. And in case you're wondering, no, I don't like him.

They do! That story is told next to/or on the Anita Hill exhibit:

‘An inspiring story’

The museum does mention one individual tangentially related to Justice Thomas — in the form of a pin-back button reading “I Believe Anita Hill.” Ms. Hill famously accused the jurist of sexual harassment in his 1991 Senate confirmation hearing.

1. Clarence Thomas snubbed by Smithsonian's museum of African ...
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/dec/7/clarence-thomas-snubbed-by-smithsonians-museum-of-/ - 149k - Cached - Similar pages

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back