Black People : 14 year old African American girl, given 7 years for pushing a teachers aide

Goddess Auset333

BANNED
Feb 9, 2007
Want to help stop misuse of prisons?
GO HERE: Write an email to Texas Governor, Rick Perry
http://www2.governor.state.tx.us/contact/
or fax Office of the Governor: (512) 463-1849
or call Office of the Governor Main Switchboard: (512) 463-2000
[office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. CST]

To: Texas Governor Rick Perry

Governor Perry, My letter concerns Shaquanda Cotten, the teenager who was sentenced to 7 years for pushing a hall monitor at Paris High School. Although I can't condone Shaquanda's part in the incident, I cannot think of any justification for Lamar County Judge Chuck Superville's decision: Seven years in prison. 7 years, for Heaven's sake, she's 14 years old! She shoved someone, not stabbed them...

I am from Texas, both my parents died there and 4 of my own 5 children live there now with their families. I'm very concerned about how children are treated by Texas police officers and judges. I have four daughters and sons-in-law, 5 grandkids and 1 great-grandson that could one day come before Judge Superville, heaven forbid.

I've been reading some of his past decisions, and I have to agree with the general public that Shaquanda's case appears to be a racial judgement. Judge Superville gives all non-black citizens a bad rap. That's not safe, nor fair, particularly from a Judge! A man sits on the judge's bench because he is supposedly somehow wiser than the rest of us. But Judge Superville is obviously no King Solomon.

It's more complicated than a little girl going to prison because she's black. It's about children's futures. It's about abusing prisons and the taxpayers who build them. It's about misusing authority.

Texas is still on a bit of a hot seat for racism from the Tulia Drug Narc Farce and the Dallas County Jail nastiness. Texas prisons are overflowing and everyone is looking, Governor... Do the right thing equally for Shaquanda.. for every citizen who comes before the court, and for every overburdened taxpayer... Correct Shaquanda's legal situation and make Judge Superville get off that bench!

Kay Lee
2683 Rockcliff Road Southeast
Atlanta Georgia 30316
404-212-0690
Subject: 14 year old African American girl, given 7 years for pushing a teachers aide....

"Read to the end of the article, about the turmoil suffered by Shaquanda in juvenile prison, where 95% of the offenders are repeat and violent (read: real crimes), has caused her to attempt suicide on her life 3 times. 3 times! a 14-year old, my little sister, is trying to kill herself because a racist bigot of a judge put her in prison for shoving someone. SHOVING!"
"If you believe racism is dead....this should be an eye opener. Click on the link below, don't just read the article, this is your chance to stand for something... pass this on to as many people as you know and take the time to write a letter to our dear Gov.Perry.....and to this child to let her know that there is a GOD and that there is hope.....I did and I encourage all of you to do so as well." A.T., Texas

READ THE ARTICLE - WRITE YOUR LETTER
http://www.ybpguide.com/2007/03/13/paris-texas-in-plain-view/

Black men and black womb-genders (females). Run, run, run, and go fetch your mirror, and fetch your Divine minds. (osiris)

We who do absolutely nothing as we remain onlookers like the hangmen who are hanging of our children, tells me there is something gravely perverted in us.

The incident does not fit the punishment.

Call as I did and. Email as I did.

HILY/A

From another Site Afrikaspirit@writes:
Beloved Ones:

comments from another site AfrikaSpirit writes:

Greetings,

This is madness that Black People need to address from a powerful foundation. An apparatus that should come into existence immediately like the Reparations Union. Africans in America should treat this situation like an emergency because it is. Africans all over this country should speak out against this slave like sentence !! They should come together to demand an end to the legacy of slavery known as discrimination and racial profiling. This can not happen through a strong voice or group intentions. This must take place through coordinated collective movement oriented courses of action. The Five phase plan will do this. To take the best from everybody to seek, find and make justice.

Bro. Pruitt

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back