Black People : 13-year-old boy shot again and again

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by $$RICH$$, Jul 30, 2010.

1. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    13-year-old boy shot again and again in West Pullman of CHICAGO

Gunman killed wrong kid, police sources say

The killer stood over 13-year-old Robert Freeman’s bleeding body and pulled the trigger again, again and again.
    But though he was just feet from the 8th grader’s face on the Far South Side Wednesday night, the gunman got the wrong kid, police sources said.
    Bloodstained pavement and a makeshift memorial of teddy bears Thursday morning marked the spot on the 11500 block of South Perry where the latest Chicago schoolboy murder victim fell, in an apparent case of mistaken identity.
    “The doctor told me he found 22 bullet holes in my baby. Twenty-two,” said his devastated mother, Theresa Lumpkin, who ran from her home moments after the shooting to find Robert dying in the street outside.
    “That’s too many to...give a 13-year-old child,” she told ABC7. “You’re not supposed to kill a baby, not a kid. Period.”
    Dozens of youths were hanging out in the street at 8 p.m. Wednesday when the killers snuck through a thicket of overgrown weeds in an empty lot and opened fire, relatives said.
    Robert, who moved to West Pullman a few months earlier, had quickly established himself as a friendly face on the block, mowing lawns for pocket money and riding his bicycle with an infectious smile, neighbors said.
    He attended Oglesby Elementary School, but when his family moved he transferred him out of the Chicago school system in May.
    Wednesday night wasn’t his first brush with trouble, a police source said. Earlier this summer he was arrested for allegedly throwing bricks at car windows.
    But Lumpkin said she told her son all the time to stay out of trouble. And she said he always told her, “ ‘Momma, I ain’t like that.’ ”
    “He loved fishing, and he was always begging me to send him to his grandma’s in Saginaw, Michigan, so he could go fish there,” she said. “I wish I’d listened to him. . . . He might still be alive.”
    Lumpkin said Robert was still conscious when she rushed out to him Wednesday night.
    “He was saying, ‘Go get my momma,’ ” she said. “I’m hurt — it hurts real bad.”
    Detectives spent Thursday interviewing witnesses but had no suspects in custody. They appealed for the public’s help.
    The neighborhood has been plagued by crime. In the past two years, there have been two other killings within a block of where Robert was killed. In July alone, there were two armed robberies with a handgun and six batteries within a block, police records show, while 16-year-old Jeremiah Sterling was shot dead in a gang dispute a mile away on July 15.
    Elonda Jackson, whose 15-year-old nephew Percy Rounds was gunned down in an unsolved July 2008 killing less than 100 yards from Wednesday’s murder scene, said, “what can you do when there are all these random killings?”
    “It grips you to the depths of your soul.... You just want to know why, but we still don’t.”
    And Riccardo Pittman, whose niece Elaine Brown was shot

http://www.suntimes.com/news/24-7/2546878,pullman-shooting-teen-dies-072910.article

2. MsInterpret

MsInterpret Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,447
    Wow

That is crazy sad...It's sad and terribly tragic that this happened to an innocent child, but even if it was the wrong person the intended person must have been a kid too...SMH

Sickness

I hope they find that monster

3. $$RICH$$

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    How can anyone stand over a 13yr old and shoot him again and again and again this child had 22 holes in his body

[​IMG]

4. e-forty

e-forty Active Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +18
    i'm disgusted

5. $$RICH$$

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    I feel ya so am i , it's crazy how our children are being killed and over nothing !!!!!

it really hurts how this kid died , shot over 20 times is sick

6. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    Any death of a loved one hurts.

And traumatic death like this is magnified.

But, there are some things about this death which are puzzling to me...

Like, "mistaken identity" with whom?! What? They meant to kill a DIFFERENT 13 y/o, not THIS 13 y/o? :10500:

And shot TWENTY-TWO times?! What did they have a MACHINE GUN?!...some kinda Semi-Automatic?! --- If not, they had to change clips to shoot that much!

And this child was shot TWENTY-TWO times and could STILL had breath to say, "Go get my Mama?!"

7. e-forty

e-forty Active Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +18
    this boy was shot and killed like a dog ....this is the reason why i don't get upset when police officers (white or black)go into these communities and deal with these punks who terrorize them

8. $$RICH$$

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    you know i was thinking the same thing sister ,or it was more then one
    but the fact he was shot these many times is really physco or crazy
    you right 13 yr old kid wow.........our youth / young men are really at risk!

9. $$RICH$$

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    Sometime the system that was design against us come in handy when we see
    stuff like this , and a child 13 getting shot like he did is like beating spoil meat !

I hold his family in my prayers
    so sad .............................

10. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    For real, Rich....I mean, as usual, "nobody saw nothing" as somebody shot this child 22 TIMES. :cool:

Either it was ONE person who stood over him, unloaded and RE-LOADED...

or...It was more than one person who shot him.

But, still, "nobody saw nothing" as this child was shot 22 TIMES. *smh*

And I just don't see how anybody, shot that many times, AT POINT-BLACK RANGE, would still be alive and able to call for his mother.

Maybe somewhere the number of shots got exaggerated and/or the statement is incorrect.