Food Discussion : 11 Ingredients You Shouldn't Refrigerate

Clyde C Coger Jr

PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

11 Ingredients You Shouldn't Refrigerate

... That’s not always the case—many food items don’t need to be refrigerated at all and could just be taking up space on the shelves. Some ingredients are actually worse off in the fridge ...

47acb463ab53429a9c22652b21de931faa572a27.jpg

2. ONIONS

Moisture from the fridge can actually make whole onions moldy and mushy—store them in a cool, dark, well-ventilated place like your pantry instead. Once cut, it’s OK to keep the remainder in the fridge, just wrap it well in plastic wrap or in an airtight bag and keep it in the crisper drawer.

Click to see 10 more:

https://www.yahoo.com/food/11-ingredients-you-shouldnt-refrigerate-123551310264.html

11 Ingredients You Shouldn't Refrigerate

... That’s not always the case—many food items don’t need to be refrigerated at all and could just be taking up space on the shelves. Some ingredients are actually worse off in the fridge ...

47acb463ab53429a9c22652b21de931faa572a27.jpg

2. ONIONS

Moisture from the fridge can actually make whole onions moldy and mushy—store them in a cool, dark, well-ventilated place like your pantry instead. Once cut, it’s OK to keep the remainder in the fridge, just wrap it well in plastic wrap or in an airtight bag and keep it in the crisper drawer.

Click to see 10 more:

https://www.yahoo.com/food/11-ingredients-you-shouldnt-refrigerate-123551310264.html

I was interested in why, when tomatoes are left on the counter they tend to start to rot quickly. I guess you should only buy what will be eaten in 1 or 2 days. Thanks!

I was interested in why, when tomatoes are left on the counter they tend to start to rot quickly. I guess you should only buy what will be eaten in 1 or 2 days. Thanks!

Well sister butterfly#1, all I can tell you is what the article says below, and it concurs with your conclusion:

1. TOMATOES

The refrigerator can transform a ruby red, juicy tomato in a mealy, flavorless mess. They’re happiest on the kitchen counter. If you slice into one and have some leftover, it can be wrapped in plastic and left on the counter if you’re planning to use it that same day. Otherwise, feel free to put leftover tomato in the fridge, but use as quickly as possible.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back