Black Education / Schools : 11 former Atlanta educators convicted in cheating scandal

SouthsideIrish

BANNED
Jun 16, 2013
Chicago
A question could be raised as to why at the dinner table or some other time why wasn't this uncovered through parents speaking with their childden. I know where my kids are at I their studies, especially math. And when working on new concepts I want to see their homework or test scores.
The bottom line is this. I don't trust teachers. Most of my younger kids teachers are young themselves. I don't believe they have the teaching experience mine had. On the flip side I wouldn't trust an older teacher who may be costing to retirement. Again...I don't trust any teacher.

I don't see how this stuff gets past parents who take an active role. It would not, I repeat would not get past me. No way, no how.

IFE

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jan 20, 2015
There was a parent of a graduate on local news yesterday. She was upset about her daughter receiving higher grades than she, the mother, knew she deserved. Yes, that was shocking for me to hear. A parent disappointed that her child was graduating. She asked the questions how is her child going to apply for a job when she can't even read the words on the high school diploma. The mother said the cheating still exist. That even after being discovered students spent the entire day playing basketball. Classes were not being taught. She believes the cheating is still going on. Several parents are aware their child was one who were victims of the cheating.
As the mother of a son who required a lot of tutoring, worked hard for that C grade, I ask myself if I would have been ok with teacher doing a little cheating.
The reporting on the local news yesterday focused how many of this years students, victims of the cheating, can't even read their diploma. What about the children.

To be fair, I believe, to the point that I think I know, that if these Black teachers are cheating on test scores, White teachers having been doing the same years before Black teachers adopted the practice from white teachers.

Living in the state where this is happening is embarrassing to see. IMO The entire school systems, from district to district in all states need to be looked at. We all know, I hope, that these few Black teachers are not the orignators of this cheating scam.

A teacher pay should not be based on how well students perform on standerized testing. Teachers should be given the right to develope their own lesson plans according to how well the educators know how each student learn and perform. A educator should not be told to teach to the test even if it means leaving some students behind.

I'm upset with the education system that is so messed up, it creates an environment that teachers feel pressed to cheat.

IFE

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jan 20, 2015
Do we really need to blame white teachers for black teachers cheating?

Go back and read the entire post and the word "blame" is not mentioned.

Do I believe white school districts are practicing the same type of cheating? Yes.

Do I think it's more possible than not that Black districts caught on and adopted the cheating from white school districts? Yes

I believe all school districts should be monitored for cheating scams.

It's about the students. Not me or you making this a black and white issue.

Over and out.

SouthsideIrish

BANNED
Jun 16, 2013
Chicago
"adopted the practice from white teachers"

Why not just talk about the guilty teachers without accusing others of being guilty without an ounce of proof.

Maybe they came up with it on their own because cheating was easier then teaching.
Maybe they learned it from hispanic teachers dealing with students who can't speak English
No...lets just say they had to of learned it from white teachers while not making it an issue of color.

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on Ms Drea's profile.
Hi My Dear Darling Sister! :kiss: :love: :kiss:
Destee wrote on beautifulblkw's profile.
Hi Sister!!!! :wave: :wave: :wave: So good to see you! Thanks for coming home! YAAAAAY! :yaay: Much Love and Peace! :love:
Massey Ferguson Tractors and farm implements for Sale in Africa especially in Botswana, Kenya, Tanzania, Zambia, Ghana, Nigeria and many more. Our tractor company in Africa having huge stock of brand new tractors and farm implements for tractor dealers.
sekou kasimu wrote on ZIbijah's profile.
Have you read "The Iceman Inheritance: Prehistoric Origins of Western Man's Racism, Sexism, and Aggression"?
$1 Billion Black dollars in 30 days