Black People : 100's of BLACK negro Moors Images in Europe

The original Moors were Blacks - from Maurus, meaning scorched. Today many non-Blacks are called Moors.

I agree, many non-Blacks are called Moors, and this is part of what makes it so confusing to understand--meaning, the origins of Moors.

I agree, many non-Blacks are called Moors, and this is part of what makes it so confusing to understand--meaning, the origins of Moors.

I've been to Spain quite a few times and they only call moors (moros in spanish) the moroccans and other north africans. But they told me its a derogatory word...

I've been to Spain quite a few times and they only call moors (moros in spanish) the moroccans and other north africans. But they told me its a derogatory word...

Thank for your input!

Yes, I heard this too.

I wonder though and think that the name became viewed as derogatory due to a process. I wonder too, that it became derogatory because of the major push and campaign that began around the AD 1400s byway of Europeans in their quest to rid the continent of 'the Infidels' of which included the Moors of which they had earlier depended upon to initially get rid of the Muslims, 'Black' Muslims that they called 'Infidels'.

I believe that they turned on the Moors that they used to earlier come at the many other Black people in Europe and this may be the reason why the name 'Moors' became derogatory.

I also believe that this process by which Moors were used to throw down other Black cultures happened repeatedly in history, and they were at times elevated and then debased because of their constantly being exploited, willing, and sought out to do evil against other Black people and then highlighted for these kind of deeds.

What you state may be the reality today, but it was much different 500 years ago.

For the most part, the word 'Moor' as it relates to Spain, or Al Andulus and Morooco, is a corruption of the following.

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/judaica/ejud_0002_0001_0_00863.html

In antiquity, 'Moor', Moros, Mauros, etc, going back to ancient Greece, was used to describe a Black person of Nubian and Beribah heritage.

No one 'elevated' the Moors. They were Master Builders who were conquerers and their civilization at its height extended from the Levant to the Ganges. In predynastic times they formed the Maa Confederacy. They were Nubians, Kushites, Kemites, Phoenicians, Kushans, Amorites, Libyans, Malians, Numidians, Habesha, Canaanites,Himyarites, etc.

In Al Andulus, there were two branches of Moorish nobles. One branch traced their lineage to Morocco. These were related to the Almoravids and Almohads. There was another branch, who converted to Catholocism. These were related to the Saudis.

This is why there is conflict in Africa today between Black Islamic Nationalists and Salafists, who are of Saudi origin.

The oldest US treaty alliance is with Morocco, but the US government remains a major ally of the Saudi royals.

This is where you must know the difference between the two. Most people who are considered Moors ideologically and culturally are distinct from Sunni Muslims from Mecca.

They are a mix of Islamic and non Islamic spiritual traditions and cultures, and yes, many who were brought to or helped colonize the Americas were Africans and Hebrews from ad far south as Kongo and Ndongo.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back