OldSoul

Permanent Black Man
PREMIUM MEMBER
May 16, 2002
Bronzeville USA
www.BLACKLAND.ORG
Occupation
Staying Alive
Israel United in Christ Hosted a 1,000+ men march on August 31, 2019, to spread awareness of peace and unity amongst our community in Englewood of Chicago IL.
News Outlets attended and filmed the event but we received no news coverage. We believe, as concerned citizens of the city of Chicago, that this should receive just as much (if not more) support and sharing amongst the people more than the violence and division that is broadcasted daily.
How come the media is keeping this a secret? Two helicopters were on the scene filming the event.
CBS Chicago and WGN TV cover the event, however, NO news stories or headlines were produced? With a positive moment going on in a much-needed way throughout Chicago.
IUICMensConference2019

Fireman

May 19, 2017
Just marching is not enough. The black community must come up with some type on concrete plan to deal with this issue. We have to love ourselves first as black men and black women (and you can't love yourself if you don't know who you are). Then we need to love each other and build strong stable families with positive images and values.

Last edited:

Queenie

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 9, 2001
Just marching is not enough. The black community must come up with some type on concrete plan to deal with this issue. We to love ourselves first as black men and black women (and you can't love yourself if you don't know who you are). Then we need to love each other and build strong stable families with positive images and values.
Wait, this is an opportunity to pat our brothers on the back and put them on the world's pedestal. Let's focus on the positive and not the negative for a moment. This is awesome!

I don't disagree that marching is not enough, but, let's give credit, where credit is due and at the very least, applaud our brothers for doing SOMETHING that is positive, intentional and courageous!

Isn't what they are doing just as you say we should--demonstrating that they love themselves and that they know who they are? Aren't they showing love to each other and demonstrating positive images and values to their community and to the world?

These are BLACK MEN! The pillars of the Black community who are saying, enough is enough in terms of all the hateful and disparaging remarks about men like them. They are not gang banging, doing drugs, beating up on women, or plastered in front of a tv watching football. Let's give our brothers a word of support and show them some love.

If I was living in that community and had the opportunity to watch them marching past, it would have made me weep with pride and joy. Wow...I can't tell you enough how beautiful I think this is.

:bowdown::1luvu:

Fireman

May 19, 2017
Wait, this is an opportunity to pat our brothers on the back and put them on the world's pedestal. Let's focus on the positive and not the negative for a moment. This is awesome!

I don't disagree that marching is not enough, but, let's give credit, where credit is due and at the very least, applaud our brothers for doing SOMETHING that is positive, intentional and courageous!

Isn't what they are doing just as you say we should--demonstrating that they love themselves and that they know who they are? Aren't they showing love to each other and demonstrating positive images and values to their community and to the world?

These are BLACK MEN! The pillars of the Black community who are saying, enough is enough in terms of all the hateful and disparaging remarks about men like them. They are not gang banging, doing drugs, beating up on women, or plastered in front of a tv watching football. Let's give our brothers a word of support and show them some love.

If I was living in that community and had the opportunity to watch them marching past, it would have made me weep with pride and joy. Wow...I can't tell you enough how beautiful I think this is.

:bowdown::1luvu:
I respect you post. However, I have seen this before. After the march things go back to usual. Marching is like putting a band aid on a massive cut that needs stitches. But black men and black women must get beyond the marching and to positively move ahead as a group or people. And that seems to be the hardest part. Our marching together suddenly falls apart due to our own selfishness, pride, egos, religion, Greek associations, class, and etc. We need more than just a physical solution like marching. We need a spiritual solution or a spiritual renewal of hearts and a rethinking or reprogramming of our minds.

Last edited:

Queenie

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 9, 2001
I respect you post. However, I have seen this before. After the march things go back to usual. Marching is like putting a band aid on a massive cut that needs stitches. But men and women must get beyond the marching and to positively move ahead as a group or people. And that seems to be the hardest part. Our marching together suddenly falls apart due to our own selfishness, pride, egos, religion, Greek associations, class, and etc. We need more than just a physical solution like marching. We need a spiritual solution or a spiritual renewal of hearts and a rethinking or programming of our minds.
I don't disagree, Fireman, I understand your point. I just hope that the time has arrived where we will see more than marching. I just hope that out of this collective movement, that it will inspire some to stick with it, realize what next steps might be needed to push forward and out of it will provide different results. I believe that among that large group of men, are mixed generations and diverse cultures; all Black but among them the old and young--baby boomers to millennials, college educated to skilled trades to unemployed, religious and non-religious, married and single, same sex and opposite sex attracted, able body to disabled, veterans and non-veterans. The mixture of the generations and cultures could teach and learn from each other and develop a bond and common goal. It's a new day, the march might be an old method of protest but could lead to more aggressive and targeted actions. I'm willing to give people like this the benefit of the doubt and applaud them for, again, doing something more than standing on the street corners and sitting on the couch or going about their day as though what's happening to us in this country doesn't or won't affect them.

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

butterfly#1 wrote on Angela22's profile.
Absolutely!
Destee wrote on butterfly#1's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! ... :love: :yaay: :kiss: :yaay: :love:
Love is Gonna Last!!
Destee wrote on One-Hundredd's profile.
@One-Hundredd and @Clyde C Coger Jr ... everyone can add images and video to their own albums (as well as other categories) by clicking the MEDIA link at the top of the page too ... using this link ... https://destee.com/media/ ... just click ... ADD NEW ... to add new images / videos ... Loving Us! Thanks to both of you! :heart:
Destee wrote on Ms Drea's profile.
Hi My Dear Darling Sister - I owe you a phone call. Don't give up on me. I Love You! :heart: