Black People : 10 things about British Slavery

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by panafrica, Nov 23, 2005.

1. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/4742049.stm

2. MANASIAC

MANASIAC Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Technical Analyst
    Ratings:
    +38
  3. MANASIAC

MANASIAC Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Technical Analyst
    Ratings:
    +38
    Do you think this info could be disbursed so that Britan can prempt and nullify an event like the French Riots of a week ago?

4. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    They left out how heavily Britain shipped slaves throughout the Americas (taking over from Portugal & Spain), but essentially the information is accurate. I need to do more research on Sam Sharpe.

5. Dual Karnayn

Dual Karnayn Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    Good information....especially the info about Sam Sharpe and his leading of a Jamaican rebellion. I had no idea.

It's good to have specific names we can reference to like my man Toussaint in Haiti when we speak of differnet struggles for independance throught out the Caribbean.

6. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    Indeed brother Dual Karnayn! One thing which needs to be taught more is that our people did not quitely accept enslavement. Whether through outright rebellion like the Haitian Revolution...running away (the underground railroad)...forming their own communities (the Maroon colonies)...or passive resistance (refusing to work). There were an untold number of enslave Africans who bravely fought their conditions. These stories need to be told to our people!

7. Dual Karnayn

Dual Karnayn Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    Pan Africa

That's what I'm saying.....

Just look at the LIES we've been told about our own history.

I was told as a kid...and I'm sure you were...that Indians weren't mades slaves out of because they were a "noble savage" who refused to be conquered and that's why they were decimated.
    They told me that Blacks were "willing" slaves.

I had to read MYSELF to find that was so far from the truth.

Nearly every island in the Caribbean and ever state in the south had a major slave revolt and numerous minor revolts UNTIL...they stopped bringing in slaves from Africa and using only "specially bred negroes" as slaves.
    Once our minds were already conditioned from the womb...that's when the rebellioins slowed.

Until brutha Nat fired us back up...lol.

But now check out how they claim Indians weren't slaves when Indians WERE slaves...espcecially in South and Central America and the Mexico region.
    They just died of so many disease that Black slaves ended up outnumbering them.

8. pdiane

pdiane Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +21
    "The British were the first big slave-trading nation to abandon the trade. They did this in 1807 when there were still huge profits to be made, and they did it for mainly moral reasons. It took a revolution of the slaves to destroy France's system and a terrible civil war in the US decided the fate of the slaves of the Southern States. In Britain alone slavery was ended by millions of people, black and white, free and enslaved, who decided it could no longer be tolerated. "

Don't think for 2 seconds that the British ...."mainly for moral reasons" did anything in their life time for moral reasons. No, what happened was , they found all these incredible resources in Afraka and they didn't want to deplete the Continent of human resources. So the proceeded to rape and enslave Afraka in AFraka. They saw they could make even more profits without doing the whole shipping thing.

"In Britain alone slavery was ended by millions'....

Do you believe that. This is such lying proproganda BS. White people in Britain had such a vested interest in slavery. Your cold, your freezing to death in some rainy cloudy country, living in caves, poor as hell, fighting your neighbors every other day, no farmland to speak off. You run across a Continent that has everything you ever dreamed of including human genious whom you hate and you fight against that? Just because? Come on now, Pan, do we have FOOL written across our heads?.

In Britain alone slavery was ended by millions of people, black and white, free and enslaved, who decided it could no longer be tolerated. "

Black yes, white for selfish reasons, nothing to do with loving us and definitely not millions of them.

Don't make me laugh :haha:

9. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    It is hard to believe that they could enslave millions of people for hundreds of years, then out of the blue end slavery for "moral" reasons. You are right Pdiane, but it is propoganda, which untold generations now (and in the future) have bought into.

10. ibrahim

ibrahim Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ghana
    Student
    Ratings:
    +122

I read this about two to three months ago. This is nonsense