Black Relationships : 10 Reasons He Isnt Proposing

Indeed. Typically, the person issuing the phrase "man up" is attempting to influence (by shame or ridicule) the behavior towards a desired or favored end.

Most men fall for it ....

This all also implies a man is what he does and not what he is intrinsically.

This is still influence towards the objective of a change in behavior.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems you take issue with what you've just explained to me.:11100:

Call me crazy, but I actually don't.:10300:

I haven't a problem with anyone shaming another for a desired end if such an end would be for the betterment of the one being shamed. I usually take "man up!" as a guy's behavior being so bad that what should be natural to him has to be commanded of him, when used in the right situation.

I take issue with it when it's used in the wrong situation, such as getting him into trouble for doing dumb stuff.

Doing drugs? + "Man up!"= Dumb!

Taking care of his seed? + "Man up!" = Smart!

And influence ain't bad...well, not always anyway. :D And yes, a man is what he does, to some degree, I believe. I think this for people, overall.

The one doing the shaming is typically looking out for their own interest and not that of the target.

Yeah, that's true. I despise that sort of behavior, myself.

What is natural is for a man to spread his seed as far as he can. That's DNA. That's genetic.

Yeah, also true. Just wish some of these guys would stop using this as an excuse. :10400:

I'm not making a judgement call either way as to if influence is good or bad.

What a person does has to do with utility to some other rather than the internal qualities or characteristics of said person.

Well then, excusez-moi. :p

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back