Africa : 10 African Countries Have No Ventilators. That's Only Part of the Problem

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
Result of years of colonialism :facepalm:

10 African Countries Have No Ventilators. That's Only Part of the Problem

Clean running water and soap are in such short supply that only 15% of sub-Saharan Africans had access to basic hand-washing facilities in 2015, according to the United Nations. In Liberia, it is even worse — 97% of homes did not have clean water and soap in 2017, the U.N. says.

:picture:

Churchgoers use hand sanitizer before entering the Assemblies of God Church in Burkina Faso's capital, Ouagadougou, March 15, 2020. (Finbarr O'Reilly/The New York Times)

Churchgoers use hand sanitizer before entering the Assemblies of God Church in Burkina Faso's capital, Ouagadougou, March 15, 2020. (Finbarr O'Reilly/The New York Times)

Ruth Maclean and Simon Marks
The New York Times

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
:great:

Ghana has become the first African country to lift its coronavirus lockdown

Kwasi Gyamfi Asiedu
Quartz

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
:facepalm: Something similarly happened to African Americans... why does misinformation take wings? Blacks can't get Covid, only the elite Nigerians catch it :wow:

Coronavirus: Why some Nigerians are gloating about Covid-19

Many Nigerians gloat that Covid-19 is mainly targeting the country's elite, particularly politicians, despite warnings that the life-threatening respiratory illness could hit the poor as well.

BBC

A health worker takes a swab from a woman during a community COVID-19 coronavirus testing campaign in Abuja on April 15, 2020.

A health worker takes a swab from a woman during a community COVID-19 coronavirus testing campaign in Abuja on April 15, 2020

asmith161718

Dec 31, 2009
Recently read online that the coronavirus may be something that is spread by unsanitary conditions. In part it may be a passenger virus similar to HIV. So not only washing your hands help but also washing your whole body. But this is something that can or could have been prevented. I'm sure there are many, many people in indigenous African countries that are paid and living well in nice homes, nice neighborhoods but it seems many are living in unsanitary conditions and do not even have access to clean drinking water and therefore can't take a bath everyday. Same thing applies to some parts of the United States like Michigan and poor areas of New Orleans. These two places got hit hard so I wonder why doesn't the government give people clean clothing and access to clean water and emphisize cleaning the whole body on a daily basis including hair and not just the hand. Not just for the coronaviruses but all of the other viruses out there. According to wikipedia the human body has a whopping 380 trillion viruses which is about 10 times more than the bacteria in your body. Which is why they tell you to eat things like onion, grapes, broccoli and matcha tea because they got something called quercetin that interacts with the coronavirus in the gut and may stop it from replicating. But with 380 trillion viruses now is the time for government to hire a bunch of people so that they can begin the process of identifying and catalogueing these viruses. The vast majority of these viruses are benign and some are even beneficial. This process would probably take forever but the idea is to give people jobs that can be done virtual and that could possibly be beneficial to the world.

Groeteschele

Apr 6, 2020
If you depend on Wikipedia articles as a credible source of documentation then you should know that manufacturers Quercetin claims as an actual healing regimen to stave off or cure any type of disease or other medical condition were fraudulent and still are a violation of FDA laws. Also by any chance do you any have credible links to any of these stories you're spinning?

Destee Chat

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on Joyce's profile.
Thanks for the Blessing! Love You! :kiss:
Making sure I do more than I did yesterday. Progress is the Concept.
Ms Drea wrote on yahsistah's profile.
Welcome Back Sister!!
Love and Blessings!!
Hey Sister Destee just logged in to say Love you and miss you much! Hope you are well.
Destee wrote on candeesweet's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! :love: ... it's good to see you! I hope you and yours are all well and staying safe. I Love You! :kiss: