Pan Africanism : 1 on 1

Discussion in 'Black History - Culture - Panafricanism' started by Alkebulan, Sep 2, 2004.

1. Alkebulan

Alkebulan Well-Known Member MEMBER

slacker
    Ratings:
    +8
    ordinary ppl answering the ?, f u were talking face 2 face w the president, what would u tell him?

emilia wiles
    27, program coordinator, bronx

since i work n the south bronx, i wld make bush sit & eat dinner w single moms on food stamps & victims of police brutality, & he can answer ?'s about y he locks up the majority of men & women from this neighborhood, as well as queensbridge, the lower east side, & harlem. :censored: breakfast wld b @ the spofford juvie detention center, & he cld xplain y it's overcrowded, underfed, & abusive. :censored: we wld cruise along the bronx river, & he could apologize 2 the 1 out of 8 kids who hv asthma & xplain y there is so much industry & pollution n this particular low-income neighborhood. :uzi: 2 leave it off, i wld handcuff him @ 125th so he can answer 2 all his friends n the 'hood y he ignores the war going on here n amerikkka 2 start a bull$hit war n the middle east. lastly, i'd leave him n the bronx just so he cld learn what a ***** he really is. :x:

jeannette alexander
    48, kindergarten teacher, bronx

i'd show him the conditions of our streets, the conditions of our housing. i'd show him how children hv no after-school programs or community programs 2 provide a safe haven. we hv had a really hard time w lack of school supplies & after-school programs 4 the children. this administration has been socially, economically, spiritually a total disaster.

cornelia canada
    44, clerical supervisor, bronx

the housing situation, the squalor we must live n, the dilapidation, the rats, the supermarkets where u can't get decent food. i'd show him the schools & show him how many children r really being left behind. b/c of budget cuts, kids hv no place 2 go, no art & music education. hell, i'd show him a piece of my damnm mind.

o k ppl, ur turn. u r given the opportuinity 2 speak directly 2 gdubya, no holds barred. what wld u tell/ask him?

me: 'george, pack ur bags, ur going 2 the front lines n iraq n 15 minutes' :censored: :uzi: .

2. RunawaySlave

RunawaySlave Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Id tell him, here take this .38 Smif and Wesson lay down in the tub and shoot yourself in the head...

3. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    If I could get away with it, tell him to kiss me where the sun don't shine, and if he wants to be just...then give back what's mines !!!

4. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    I would ask him to write a proposal of all he's going to do for this country from this day forward. He'd have to write it without his advisors or speech-writers, in a room by himself. If it was a just proposal and beneficial for the people as a whole, I'd have him sign on a line that says "If I do not adhere to all in this proosal I will hang myself in public with a pink dress on". Then I would hand him a box with a pink dress in it and read the L.A. Times every morning after until I see him dangling from his red-neck. :maddd:

5. toylin

toylin Well-Known Member MEMBER

Security Guard
    Ratings:
    +17
    Me? Oh, this is going to be good.

See, I'm from the inner city (I grew up in Detroit.) I experienced firsthand not having enough books, desks, supplies for each child. I am now a single mother tryingt o survive. I face daily the challenge of feeding a growing child with limited food, or paying to keep the lights on in the house with no money. I face the challenge of finding a job with no transportation, no daycare, and very little experience in my choosen field. I grew up watching male friends harrassed, locked up, beaten up and set up by crooked cops. I grew up with an uncle in the state prison system for a murder he did not commit. I watched relatives succomb to diabetes, cancer, heck, even asthma because of poor healthcare. I watched friends, lovers, neighbors lose good paying jobs because big businesses are more concerned with their bottom line than the people who made them rich.

What would I say/show/do the our esteemed leader?

I'd make him life my life the same way I live it: one day at time.