Kemetstry

PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
safe_image.php

CDC Study: More Men than Women Victims of Partner Abuse
National Study: More Men than Women Victims of Intimate Partner Physical Violence, Psychological Aggression Over 40% of victims of severe physical…
saveservices.org
Source:
http://batteredmen.com/NISVS.htm

Brothers, have you ever been a victim?

CDC Study: More Men than Women Victims of Partner Abuse

National Study: More Men than Women Victims of Intimate Partner Physical Violence, Psychological Aggression

Over 40% of victims of severe physical violence are men

Bert H. Hoff, J.D. *

SUMMARY: According to a 2010 national survey by the Centers for Disease Control and Department of Justice, in the last 12 months more men than women were victims of intimate partner physical violence and over 40% of severe physical violence was directed at men. Men were also more often the victim of psychological aggression and control over sexual or reproductive health. Despite this, few services are available to male victims of intimate partner violence.

Physical violence

More men than women were victims of intimate partner physical violence within the past year, according to a national study funded by the Centers for Disease Control and U.S. Department of Justice. According to the National Intimate Partner and Sexual Violence Survey (hereinafter NISVS) released in December, 2011, within the last 12 months an estimated 5,365,000 men and 4,741,000 women were victims of intimate partner physical violence. (Black, M.C. et al., 2011, Tables 4.1 and 4.2) 1 This finding contrasts to the earlier National Violence Against Women Survey (Tjaden, P. G., & Thoennes, N., 2000)(hereinafter NVAWS), which estimated that 1.2 million women and 835,000 men were victims of intimate partner physical violence in the preceding 12 months. (One-year prevalence “are considered to be more accurate [than lifetime rates] because they do not depend on recall of events long past” (Straus, 2005, p. 60))

If one adds in rape (606,000 victims) the total is 5,427,000 women-but there is an issue of double-counting of an incident as both rape and intimate partner physical violence. 2 Of the lifetime rape victims, 82.8% were also victims of physical violence. This suggests that a sizeable portion of the 606,000 rape victims are included in the 5,427,000 physical violence victims. But even if one ignores the double-counting of rape and physical violence, the number of female victims of rape and/or physical violence is 5,427,000 for women, contrasted with 5,365,000 male victims of physical violence, so it is safe to say that about half of the victims of physical violence are men.

This is why I'll never marry. I won't even allow females I'm intimate with to leave their belongings at my home or stay more then one night.

My best advice for Black men is to retain a male attorney that specializes in domestic situations with your best interest at heart. Personally I would also expect him to have been divorced himself.

www.fathersrightsnys.com/

My best preemptive advice to Black men is the very first time a lover or even a potential lover displays a propensity for aggression cast her off pronto.

Tiger had a prenup and he still got clocked with a golf club :lol:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back