Black People : 0000000000000000000000000

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Keita Kenyatta, May 20, 2009.

1. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,383

2. Blaklioness

Blaklioness Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,812
    Thank you for the insight and the spirit of love which spawned it....only the white woman is no victim, for the fruit falls close to the tree....peace.....

3. Astrologer4U

Astrologer4U Well-Known Member MEMBER

Self Employed
    Ratings:
    +486
    Keita, tears fall from my eyes when I think about these same things that you have posted. Thanks for sharing your heart.

Astrologer4U

4. MRS. LADY

MRS. LADY Banned MEMBER

to seek truth
    Ratings:
    +261
    Hotep Br. Keita:

Confessions,

What I will say is that I feel your pain, and I haven't any more tears to possibly cry.

First let me say thank you for the recent posts. I read them all, and must admit that the second post with regard to Egypt the Light of the World will take me many hours to read, re-read and understand. I actually thought I'd take it to the library with me so I can find some books with pictures of the sky during those times, because sometimes it is difficult for me to grasp if it is not myths, poems, pictures or music ....

With regard to women, and healing... this in itself is the most difficult of tasks because the conditioning is so deep that so many of us have accepted "not having a man" as a some sort of failure. That's to say that we are something other then "complete" if we don't have a physical man to direct us, and tell us what and what not to do.

I do study words and definitions at random because language and vocabulary is very important so on one of my random visits to the dictionary I turned to "spinster"... an unmarried woman past the common age for marryin...

what the hell does that mean...

It's easy to play the game and use our intelligence to break off a piece of america's pie and have a white picket fence and be comfortable... and become a battery....

On the other hand it's hard to stand up, be free, have a heart and care about a people in bondage ....

Sometimes I get angry... at our men...

but the truth of the matter is it is my duty to be responsible for healing myself.... and living and creating a civilized reality that our children can survive in..... weather that is the reality anyone wants or not.... i have to keep pushing ... i owe that to Mother Africa and to myself ....

And sometimes I even wonder if I would have had a father that was free, but I didn't... and I still have the ability to create and think for myself....

You have a diligent, sincere student in me, as I am sure many others...

Peace Brother Keita .... (I have studyin and writing to do... )

And Br. Clyde if ur reading....

I just wanted to tell you that when you said I should "start living"... I left it alone... but I am living... Living to me .. is having my own thoughts even if it means I have no "friends"... now I am not suggesting that you are not my friend.. because I think u like me just fine... but stayin after school everyday was of no consequence or punishment in my eyes... I got to write which is freedom for me... And I got to walk home everyday .... Walkin always made me appreciate the sun .. the trees and gave me opportunity to look around... and the teacher although I was a class clown respected my writing and I babysat for my teachers... they trusted me with there children...

Don't give up Brother Keita.... some of us really look up to you!!!!!

5. phynxofkemet

phynxofkemet Well-Known Member MEMBER

child care provider
    Ratings:
    +73
    I have cried too,

Brother Keita thinking that our men would never get it. But, here today is the semblence of hope. I wrote in another thread how I felt that racism was just one of the divisionary tactics, but underlying it all, there was an energy that had to do with being male. Welcome to the Brotherhood right?

I overstand and have experienced this truth that you so profoundly explain:
    How I hope this epiphany will become a contagious pandemic!

We have whole communities of dysfunction because the womben are paying attention to the wrong issues. Keeping our children safe, caring for our health, mentally, emotionally, and physically, and envisioning the development around us, is where I think our focus ought to be. But, in a world where our men have been convinced that we ought to be out in the work force earning scraps for survival, there is not always enough energy left to create a communal vision.

There is sometimes a pure exhaustion of emotional energy which prohibits the creative psychic energy from expanding that occurs as a result of our relationships with our men. Since we no longer interact with one another in balanced ways, womben have been susceptible to emotional and mental burnout far faster than her mate. When he experiences drain, it is often the result of having pulled too much from her without replenishing her resources, or granting her the space to regenerate.

RAPE, rape in the Congo, rape in South Africa, RAPING our wives, girlfriends, and sadly enough our children. Terrorism designed to create self-destruction within the female, within her offspring, within the environment. Why is rape an instrument of hate? Really? Is it because her womb is a like the earth, full of goodness, harvesting food for the mind, the psyche, the soul? Is it because this act of force is the ultimate act of disgracing the source of life?
    Is it because the act of rape steals the psychic and emotional energy of a creative source, rendering her then afraid to pro-create, afraid of her own power, and afraid of what it means to be female?

Some men are pleased to see this happen, even if they themselves did not do the act. Some men feel that rape happens to womben that had it coming, or don't know their place, or how to keep their mouths shut.

From one womban to another, I feel that our grandmothers, and mothers went through so much oppression, that their souls hurt. Instead of wanting their daughters to have it better, they tend to expect them to have to have the same "struggle" or pay their dues. Not always, but often. The so called birds and bees talk that we give our daughters, often does not suffice. For example:

Mostly, I was told that a man can get you pregnant and walk away. This is an accepted practice in the West Indian cultures, not just in America. But the mentality alone denotes pure ignorance. If a man feels that he can just deposit his seed, then walk away, he is a detriment to his people. Children are precious, so very precious and the devil is always out to prey on them.
    A mother has her arms full raising a child, and looking after herself, and loving her partner. To walk away from her leaves her and the offspring vulnerable and I cannot condone that as functional.

Economics have played their part in terrorizing womben as well. Pregnancy amongst womben with lower incomes, or single mothers means a systemic pressure and societal pressure to abort the baby, or give it up for adoption. The devil loves to control the pro-creation energies, and to add insult to injury he has made pro-creation a source of systemic control and finance.

Children that are separated from their mothers as infants suffer emotionally for the rest of their lives. A womban that undergoes an abortion procedure suffers emotionally and psychically; sometimes producing fibroid, endometriosis, or infertility altogether.

In the last few weeks, I have opened my eyes to see beyond the color lines, and what i have seen is a united effort of men of all races to control and manipulate the female energies. The efforts to keep the womben from working together is apparent within the microcosm of the macrocosm, and as you illuminate so brillantly, Brothe Keita, religion is at the root of the problems.

Religion is the first tool used to brainwash girls into believing there is something inherently wrong with being female. Sadly, so very sadly, too many intelligent womben who are in position to effect change in our society, are still hamstrung with their own self-hate due to religious conditioning.
    The self-hate manifests itself in many ways, and the more covert types are often very judgmental and condemning of their own sisters.

When I tripped over my naive heart into the arms of a man who would abuse my love, betray my trust, and take without giving back, it was my mom, my Caucasian mama, who has picked me up, dusted me off, and set me straight. Lots of times I didn't want to hear what she said because it was to harsh, and I feared being judged or condemned. Now I see, her judgment of me wasn't nit picking, she was trying to get me to open my eyes.

I cry today, because her message to get a career and use my intelligence came to be comprehended so late in my life. She too is an incredibly intelligent person, and we both chose to answer the call of motherhood. I can only hope that I haven't completely wasted all opportunities to purse a profession. But, I cry today, because I get it, I get her hopes, her fears, her sacrifices and her pain. I am indebted to her for my life, and my safety, and no matter what her color, she is my mom and she loves me very much. I have been foolish to think otherwise, it has been my own downfall to not see her as myself.

Womben have to come together united, and into a Safe Healing Environment where we can collectively heal ourselves. I appreciate the honorable Elijah Mohammed speaking about our condition, and showing his concern, however. As a man, his ability to heal and correct the womb is (I'm going to be this bold) not truly within his capacity. I don't mean to cause any offense here, but I simply find that men seem to have a difficult time refraining from being sexually involved with the womben they seek to guide. And that is a major area that we need to heal, albeit not the only area.

Brother KEITA, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU, for saying what needs to be said, by a MAN. Just like some things need to be heard from one Black person to another, some things need to be said from one man to another in order to be received, due to our ignorant conditioning.

I love you for taking the time to write this, and send my appreciation and respect to Queen T and your daughter, knowing that the truth continues to live and express itself within the minds and hearts of those most conscious!

Hotep

6. HODEE

HODEE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +795
    Brother Keita

This whole post has so much truth in it.
    Thanks for sharing this thought and information.

Thanks for sharing this Brother Keita

Welcome Home Brother

7. Keita Kenyatta

Ratings:
    +3,383
    I too Thank You. Reading this bought tears to my eyes because I understand and there in lies the pain....and you are right, most males do not want to elevate the woman to where she belongs...as if it somehow diminishes us as men, but it doesn't. This evil entity we now call religion, created by men, for men and to serve men is one of the last vestiges of slavery we will have to overcome before we can heal as a people. Even Europe was Matriarchal before men came down with their warrior sky gods from upper Europe and Asia.

The trauma and disconnect is such that, one can only, if they have any (soul left) understand the impact and reality of it when one watches "how Jesus is beat into his mother" from the movie "Sankofa"

So now they no longer have to take that route...we get it and they get us when we are children....with the same effect.

8. MRS. LADY

MRS. LADY Banned MEMBER

to seek truth
    Ratings:
    +261
    Thank you Br. Keita

for this film... I truly wanted to gain an understanding of the Sankofa Bird....

I watched a couple of more films of the movie, and truly don't understand why she wanted a potion to make the man "love" her...

But what I do understand is this...

I understand rape, and I overstand mind rape...

I understand when someone is using any means to serve selfish purposes, and how it feels to become a victim of the same... and unlike such a person I am not full of vengence and hatred.... such a person is my enemy no matter what disguise it wears...

a fraud ... a phoney... a tyrant ....

such a person has no regard for the woman....

and when the time comes his *** methophorically speakin is kicked... and that's all the reparations he's gonna need....

woman scorned is back now ....

since some things are better just un-said... i'll remove myself to my solitude... because unlike some i can hear the ancestors call....

so if i have no more tears it's because i have no pity for wolf's cloacked in bs.

Thank you for all you have taught me, and I have much respect for you.

9. Keita Kenyatta

Ratings:
    +3,383
    Thank You Sis, for in as much as I may have taught you some things, you have also taught me even when you didn't know it. I may be a nice teacher at times but I'm a better student because I'm always learning!

Hetep!!

10. Astrologer4U

Astrologer4U Well-Known Member MEMBER

Self Employed
    Ratings:
    +486
    Shango My Love

When I first saw Sankofa, I instantly fell in love With Shango and I never stopped loving him to this day. Shango is the perfect example of a strong black man, who is balanced with masculine and femenine attributes. I am not talking about looks either. Shango is my love for life.

Here is a very important seen perfect for this thread. It would have been nice to have PT. 4 because the young man finds out that he has been lied to about his mother and he basically looses it, byt then, it's already to late.

Astrologer4U