Black People : 000000000000000000000000

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Keita Kenyatta, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382

2. free2b_me

free2b_me Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +10
    OK KEITA

I HEAR YOU AND YOU HAVE SOME GREAT POINTS. I WAS THINKING THAT WE SHOULD START A RESOURCE THREAD HERE ON DESTEE'S. WHAT DO YOU THINK? A RESOURCE FOR ORGANIZATIONS AND MAYBE A LITERARY SECTION JUST FOR BOOKS THAT WE CAN POST NEW/OLD BOOKS THAT WE HAVE READ, AND SHARE THEM IN THIS THREAD.

SINCE I CAME TO DESTEE, I HAVE LEARNED A LOT, BY JUST READING OTHERS POSTS AND REALLY WANTING TO JOIN IN ON SOME OF THE TOPICS FOR DISCUSSION. BUT BECAUSE OF MY IGNORANCE,(NOT KNOWING) THAT I CAN'T PARTICIPATE THE WAY I WANT TO. DO YOU THINK THAT WE CAN START A THREAD POSTING BOOKS,, LIKE A LIBRARY SO TO SPEAK. I KNOW THAT I HAVE A LITTLE BIT OF TROUBLE KNOWING WHERE TO START. I HAVE BEEN IN THE DARK FOR SO LONG THAT, ANY LIGHT, WILL SURELY GUIDE ME IN THE DIRECTION I NEED TO GO. I WAS ALSO THINKING, A RESOURCE PAGE WITH LINKS TO DIFFERENT ORGANIZATIONS THAT WOULD HELP TO, ALSO, LEAD THE WAY. THESE THREADS WOULD NOT BE FOR DISSCUSSION, BUT JUST FOR RESOURCES. I HAVE BEEN THINKING ABOUT THIS AND IT IS SOMETHING THAT I HAVE YET TO SEE HERE ON DESTEE'S. UNLESS, OF COURSE THIS HAS ALREADY BEEN DONE, THEN WHY IS IT NOT THUMB NAILED TO THE FIRST PAGE? I DON'T THINK THIS HAS TO BE SO DEEP THAT ONE BECOMES INTIMIDATED BY IT, BY DEEP ENOUGH TO STRIKE CURIOUSITY, AND THIRST FOR MORE KNOWLEDGE.

3. LindaChavis

LindaChavis Well-Known Member MEMBER

Car Sales Consultant
    Ratings:
    +147
    Free

..on the home page you should see Destee's Book club

4. free2b_me

free2b_me Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +10
    O yea, I seen that

But, I was thinking more of collection of must read Black History books. If everyone here online could just post at least one book, starting with beginning civilizations in Kemet and so forth. And any other recommended books for "Study" of our people. This could be considered a very powerful Library of sorts. There are some very intelligent and knowledgeable people who have the "Responsibility" of sharing such knowledge with others that are still sleeping around here. (like myself) Lol... at least I can admit that, but I am interested in finding a starting point, some references so that I can enlighten my path and pass on to others as well. What good is it having all these resources if your not gonna share. Yes, I can read the things you post, but where do you get this information?? So, black history library, I think, would be nice with a brief description of what the book is about. It would not be a discussion thread like a like a book club, you know what I mean? I am just as thirsty for knowledge as anyone else...:slobber::slobber:

5. LindaChavis

LindaChavis Well-Known Member MEMBER

Car Sales Consultant
    Ratings:
    +147
    Free

..that is what the book club is for

6. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
    knowledge and wisdom are linked like siamese twins....
    i was moved by this wisdom laced post brother...

one love
    khasm

7. Astrologer4U

Astrologer4U Well-Known Member MEMBER

Self Employed
    Ratings:
    +486

Excellent Paragraph Keita. I hate to say it, yes, Kwesi and Hagans definately have the knowledge, but they no doubt, lack the pertinent wisdom... However, they are not the only ones. Unfortunately, many black people, if not the majority, if not all, lack the ability to solve the mystery on how to prevent from other brothers and sisters seeing you/me/us all, as the enemy. How can we know what will tick each other off to the point of continuos contribution to the mass amount of division between black people??? If the goal is for liberation of our people, don't we need unity? We can't be united if every time one looks up, you/me/us/our people, consider each other/us all, as the enemy.

If one of us black people is not able to solve the mystery, on how to prevent from continuous destruction and division,while participating in producitve pursuits amongst our brothers and sisters, as a people, we will continued to be doomed. No matter how knowledgable we all are, no matter how many lectures we announce, no matter how many organizations we belong to, if beneath it all, I don't trust you, you don't trust me, our people don't trust us and we don't trust each other... Weather we know it or not, ultimately, we are doing nothing but participating in a buying time, social charade.

Astrologer4U

8. queentswana

queentswana Well-Known Member MEMBER

day care provider (own business)
    Ratings:
    +161
    As we all know or told that, Rome wasn't built in a day...nor will we all suddenly come together today, or even tomorrow. We've been programmed for thousands of years, as stated in the original post, .."each one, teach one"
    Not all of us will elevate at the same level, at the same time.

9. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    Bro. Keita:

While reading this thread, it made me think about something else that you have been talking about for a while. You mention how Our Greatest Evil is that of Intellectual Ignorance. With that being a problem that we still have yet to address, what steps should we take as a people (even if it must start out on the individual level) to put an end to it (our Intellectual Ignorance)? Read books/take an interest in literature would be an easy answer, but there is more to it than that.

KWABENA