Black Spirituality Religion : 000000000000000000000

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Keita Kenyatta, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382

2. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    Just my opinion, Keita, but I think both your "Exhibits" and any others would be better placed in another forum:

3. Keita Kenyatta

Ratings:
    +3,382
    I think that you are entitled to your opinion. Do I write like a "conformist"? If my stuff belongs in another forum someone will place it there if need be. That's like the teacher telling me to draw inside the lines...why?...cause they said so? Imagine if harriet tubman or many others stayed where they were supposed to stay? I wrote a poem about this..."how everybody wants to try to keep me in a box, label me, try and define me, control me and manipulate me for their own ends....but I ain't the one! You stick your stuff in another forum!

4. Da Street So'ja

Da Street So'ja Banned MEMBER

thrivin' spiritually/physically/emotionally/financ
    Ratings:
    +42
    um

sounding like me LEO brethren

:bowdown:

so you KNOW i can appreciate this

well if you don't KNOW

can you at least BELIEVE IT then lol

peace

5. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    ...Sounds like your LEO brethren but my FIERY brethren...lol

KWABENA

6. Keita Kenyatta

Ratings:
    +3,382
    Bro, I was just a little off center today. Here we have someone who obviously ain't studied jack squat concerning our reality on any level...who does not know that there is no such thing as "black culture"....who has "opinions" which are like butt holes cause everybody got one...who lacks the ability to even want to try and separate fact from fiction and who is buckin for a moderators job which I'll see if she can get next year...lol...and this stuff is hilarious at best. So this is one of them situations where I got to let the dead bury the dead.There's nothing worse than damaged goods that don't know they are damaged. At least when you know you can take some effort to begin the process of healing...but when you bleedin your guts all over the place and everybody can see that you're bleeding but you, then you got issues for real.

7. Da Street So'ja

Da Street So'ja Banned MEMBER

thrivin' spiritually/physically/emotionally/financ
    Ratings:
    +42
    man you're NEVER "OFF" center IMO

when we try to match absurdity, well it looks absurd lol

it's a shame a grown person is proud of their ignorance

and i know what pains you because the person is obviously smart

but i noticed smart people think there's nothing left to learn, and intelligent people know there always more to learn and that's why we are here because
    we feel her intelligence but she's comfortable with just being smart

but the BOTTOM LINE IS we LOVE OUR SISTERS and she is one and that's why we get so excited because we want our sisters to be whole again

i feel you bro. K if someone says it's their opinion in the face of FACT and you're trying to bring FACT, and they continue to hang on dearly to the programming they've been subject to, well this is what is looks like

i told the sista i respect her, i even bowed :bowdown:

you think she saw that? NO she saw division, why because that's where she's most comfortable being divided, where you and i bro. K are not comfortable with that

you don't owe any explanation (not that I had to say that)

everyone here knows your intent, your focus, and your love of black people

and AGAIN WE LOVE THIS SISTA LIKE ALL SISTAS SHE'S NO DIFFERENT

and i feel this statement
    she don't see the wound MOST DON'T BROTHER
    K.

you know people get comfortable and say i'm eating my family is eating
    so that's all i care about

and THAT'S WHY WE'RE IN THIS CONDITION AND IF YOU ASK WHAT CONDITION? I WOULD LIKE TO INVITE ANYONE TO A GUIDED TOUR OF BROOKLYN AND WE'LL VISIT THIS "CONDITION" IN NEIGHBORHOODS LIKE
    East New York, Brownsville, Red Hook, Bed Stuy, parts of Flatbush, Bushwick

and after that we'll go see bro. INF in the Bronx so we can tour there too,
    the condition is obvious to us in the urban setting and then Bro. K can show you what NEWARK looks like and if you really want to know the condition
    just go to a city near you in a "black" neighborhood then tell me what you see
    that neighborhood must a have a laundromat, chinese restaurant, check cashing, and a liquor store, then we're in business

it's sad when people feel NO passion for what black go thru and have gone thru, while sitting back in a psuedo "comfort zone" creating by ignorance
    and eurotrix programming

but fret not bro. K, i know you feel the energy build up IS ENORMOUS

and you know when it blows it's going to blow for real

PEACE BRO. K

don't stop what you're doing

PLEASE!

funny how i become exhibit A, when we all know except for B/N clyde
    who the real exhibit is

8. Nasheed

Nasheed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Otr Truck Driver
    Ratings:
    +168
    IMHO

The Sistah was set up. I wont mention a name, just read for yourself. The person that set her up has thrown her under the buss and no she is taking all the heat.

Ma'at Hetep

9. cherryblossom

Ratings:
    +5,560
    Yeah, it looked like that to me too! :lol:

Whether I have or have not studied “reality on any level,” Keita, is not even relevant because that is YOUR “reality,” not mine.

Now, THAT'S the TRUTH! But, I usually end that same quote with “and even a butt-hole can have an opinion.” (present company excluded, of course)

No. I assure you, “ability” has never lacked within me. However, the better word choice here would be “desire.” For I simply have no “desire” to exchange with you about religious/spiritual beliefs.

PLEASE, dispossess yourself of such a notion. I have been here all of 2 months and have been actually posting 1 month. And, TRUST, I have NO aims or goals toward being a Moderator. I wouldn't want it even if it was a paying position; and I, CERTAINLY, wouldn't do it for free.

How ironic that you would quote the very scripture which appropriately matches my own viewpoint about YOU! See there! We CAN find some common views, after all! :terrific:

Ya know, it's funny you should mention “process of healing.”

According to the premise of this site, Destee.com espouses that “We Are About Loving, Encouraging, Embracing, Teaching and Building With Black People. No Hate Allowed.”

So, I can't help but wonder just what part or parts of this mission statement you (and some others) have such a problem with internalizing because it appears that if any member of Destee.com does not “align” themselves with, concur with or concede to the majority here, then it's a problem and conflict.

So, just where does any “process of healing” fit into that scenario? Just where does “loving, EMBRACING, and BUILDING with Black People” fit?

Is it conditional? Is there a hidden inference that if YOU or others can not “teach” another what YOU believe in, then is the rest of it made VOID?

However, “teaching” someone something is presenting information, allowing he or she to ingest/process that information and differentiating what is faulty and what is true to their understanding from that “teaching.”

Now, when I first posted in the Christianity forum, everyone here immediately knew my religious beliefs. NO ONE knew that before I posted in that forum because I didn't go all over the board spouting Christianity.

I RESTRICTED my Christian views to that forum, but many others who had a problem with that felt so compelled to come in and either question me or attempt to divert my attention from it. WHY?? Because Christianity is in the minority here and many members here have a vehement reaction to others who believe differently than they do.

But, if I wanted to DEBATE Christianity, I have a PLETHORA of topics to choose from on this site.

If I wanted to ARGUE back-and-forth whether Christianity is right or a valid religion or that the Bible is the word of the Living God, then I have innumerable threads to choose from here.

But, because I choose NOT to engage and participate in the volatile, antagonistic tirades and tantrums which take place here, that does not denote that I am ignorant or “damaged” in any way.

However, since you are so familiar with the Bible, I'll leave you with a scripture which also aptly describes the reception of Christians at Destee.com......

Matthew 8:20
    “Foxes have holes and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head.”

10. cherryblossom

Ratings:
    +5,560
    So'ja, I saw the "bowdown" then, and I see it now.

However, if you're not trying to convince me but yourself, the gesture and the sentiment is invalid.