Black Spirituality Religion : ❣Ʈhe ℳajesty of Ƀig-Ƀoned Ƀlack Ŵomen❣

You killing me over hear. I'm laughing so hard. I'm not gone ask if he was really banned.

Happy New Year

They gone Sister ... and they problee won't be alone.

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

Obesity is not healthy, and should not be exalted as something our ladies should inspire to be. My view has nothing to do with appearances, because I have seen quite a few sisters who can carry their weight well. My main worry is that our ladies' obesity rates contribute to their higher illness rates in various diseases that obesity is considered a contributing factor. By trying to claim the problem as a positive, we are not dealing with a problem that causes major health issues among our women.

I did not see his picture, so I do not have a clue what he displayed that was disrespectful. The manner in which he wrote his post could have been far more diplomatic and less hyperbolic, but the general idea of the post rings true.

I get your point, and if you want to talk about health and such, you're welcome to do so in the Health Forum.

This thread is in the Spirituality / Religion Forum because Brother Perfection thinks on this different than most.

Since I'm aware of his positioning, and willing to allow him this space ... please respect it.

Additionally, this community is not the place to air your issues with Sisters or Brothers.

There are a bunch of Sisters that could be considered overweight.

Just as there are a bunch of Brothers that could be considered something negative.

This is not the place for negative generalizations of us.

There are plenty of places on the Internet for that, if that's what you want.

Destee

I get your point, and if you want to talk about health and such, you're welcome to do so in the Health Forum.

This thread is in the Spirituality / Religion Forum because Brother Perfection thinks on this different than most.

Since I'm aware of his positioning, and willing to allow him this space ... please respect it.

Additionally, this community is not the place to air your issues with Sisters or Brothers.

There are a bunch of Sisters that could be considered overweight.

Just as there are a bunch of Brothers that could be considered something negative.

This is not the place for negative generalizations of us.

There are plenty of places on the Internet for that, if that's what you want.

Destee

In what way did I air any issues that I had with brothers or sisters? Nothing I stated was derogatory or accusatory? I find nothing in my post that is a negative generalization. Please point it out to me so that I can see where I may have misspoke?

Brotha Perfection in the house like a breath of fresh air.:toast:

While I understand certain concerns towards the health of black females, and black people in general, in terms of our sometimes less than healthy diets, what needs to be understood here is that there's no one encouraging anyone to be unhealthy, but simply a Brotha appreciating full body Sistahs for all they are.

A sistah being confident in herself and unashamed of her body does not mean she's not taking care of herself or watching her weight. I've had sistahs in my family work really hard at managing their weight, especially after having children, and a few insensitive people thought it was their place to make unnecessary comments on how they should "start" taking care of their bodies just because they weren't "skinny". These people assumed just because they weren't crying over a salad, but were instead going about life happily, dressing themselves beautifully, and eating full meals, that somehow meant they weren't hitting the gym, eating healthy foods, or keeping up with their health.

To me, looking at their bodies as beautiful doesn't say we aren't addressing a problem, but instead not letting body image problems cripple us, like it does with other races of women.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back