Black Spirituality Religion : ❣Ʈhe ℳajesty of Ƀig-Ƀoned Ƀlack Ŵomen❣

Obesity is not healthy, and should not be exalted as something our ladies should inspire to be. My view has nothing to do with appearances, because I have sisters who can carry their weight well. My main worry is that our ladies' obesity rates contribute to their higher illness rates in various diseases that obesity is considered a contributing factor. By trying to claim the problem as a positive, we are not dealing with a problem that causes major health issues among our seen quite a fewwomen.

I did not see his picture, so I do not have a clue what he displayed that was disrespectful. The manner in which he wrote his post could have been far more diplomatic and less hyperbolic, but the general idea of the post rings true.

Before we begin, may I first extend my heartfelt appreciation to the Honorable Queen Destee. She has always from the start understood my work's intention and allowed me space --in her lovely Garden-- to express it. Thank you beautiful Queen.

OK, now to the comments above. It is your position that "obesity is not healthy." On those four words alone, let me put on the table what you are subconsciously suggesting:

1) That you know what "obesity" really means

2) That you associate "obesity" with being unhealty

3) That you associate "obesity" with unattractiveness

Of course we all will allow the benefit of the doubt and assume you are altruistic in your intentions on the obesity subject matter. With that said, we are prepared to show how "obesity" doesn't even exist as it relates to Black Women. Peep, I'll take it even further than that. Based on the level of data I'm sitting on, I have confidence to say unequivocally that what you perceive as "obesity" has, strictly speaking, absolutely nothing to do with health and everything to do with beauty, Majesty and courage of Black Women.

Would you like to engage with me on the issue of Black Women and obesity my dear Brotha?

Last edited:
Before we begin, may I first extend my heartfelt appreciation to the Honorable Queen Destee. She has always from the start understood my work's intention and allowed me space --in her lovely Garden-- to express it. Thank you beautiful Queen.

OK, now to the comments above. It is your position that "obesity is not healthy." On those four words alone, let me put on the table what you are subconsciously suggesting:

1) That you know what "obesity" really means

2) That you associate "obesity" with being unhealty

3) That you associate "obesity" with unattractiveness

Of course we all will allow the benefit of the doubt and assume you are altruistic in your intentions on the obesity subject matter. With that said, we are prepared to show how "obesity" doesn't even exist as it relates to Black Women. Peep, I'll take it even further than that. Based on the level of data I'm sitting on, I have confidence to say unequivocally that what you perceive as "obesity" has, strictly speaking, absolutely nothing to do with health and everything to do with beauty, Majesty and courage of Black Women.

Would you like to engage with me on the issue of Black Women and obesity my dear Brotha?

Please do not throw up a Straw Man and then proceed to argue against it. No where in my statements did I say or imply that obesity = unattractive. I actually explicitly stated that I have seen plenty of sisters who can carry their weight well, meaning that I have seen plenty of sisters who are obese but are still pleasing to the eye to me. The second one you are correct in stating that I consider "obesity" unhealthy and should not be exalted and a desired state of being.

Please do not throw up a Straw Man and then proceed to argue against it. No where in my statements did I say or imply that obesity = unattractive. I actually explicitly stated that I have seen plenty of sisters who can carry their weight well, meaning that I have seen plenty of sisters who are obese but are still pleasing to the eye to me. The second one you are correct in stating that I consider "obesity" unhealthy and should not be exalted and a desired state of being.

My apologies, please pardon me as I don't wanna write anything you didn't say. Also, let's be mindful we're just having a discussion so let's you and I maintain a peaceful tone like we're doing. When it gets hot--because it will-- let's just remember we wanna remain calm and chop it up the right way. And by the way, I thank you for your interest in the subject matter and hope your experience here at the Garden has been a pleasant one.

I would like for us to begin with what you wrote:

Obesity is not healthy, and should not be exalted as something our ladies should inspire to be. My view has nothing to do with appearances...

Look closely at what you wrote.

Would you like to revise those comments? Now would be a good time and it won't cost you as much as it will once we start getting deeper into the analysis.

Do you care to revise?

My apologies, please pardon me as I don't wanna write anything you didn't say. Also, let's be mindful we're just having a discussion so let's you and I maintain a peaceful tone like we're doing. When it gets hot--because it will-- let's just remember we wanna remain calm and chop it up the right way. And by the way, I thank you for your interest in the subject matter and hope your experience here at the Garden has been a pleasant one.

I would like for us to begin with what you wrote:

Obesity is not healthy, and should not be exalted as something our ladies should inspire to be. My view has nothing to do with appearances...

Look closely at what you wrote.

Would you like to revise those comments? Now would be a good time and it won't cost you as much as it will once we start getting deeper into the analysis.

Do you care to revise?

How about first completing the second sentence in that quoted statement?

"My view has nothing to do with appearances, because I have seen quite a few sisters who can carry their weight well."

In your attempt to create a specific narrative, you seem to be willing to intentionally cut short my statement to support your argument. The entire statement was one sentence, yet you chopped it up in a poor attempt to reinterpret what I have actually written. Where is your integrity?

Also, I find it amazing that someone who actually read the original post I made would love your post, without admonishing you for intentionally quoting my statement out of context.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back