Black People Politics : ▶ Republicans, Dems and "Progressives" unite telling blacks "We'll never give you reparations."

Bro. Perfection, I hear you and as much as I want to, I can't disagree with you. Too much talking for way too long. Some of us might be blind and fooled by the rhetoric, but some of are not. But, although the "check" may not be in the mail, so to speak, and as corrupt as America's political system is, I still feel driven to participate in the madness by voting. I don't want to feel so disillusioned and powerless--even though logic may take me there--that I stop feeling as though I can do something to make a difference. What's the alternative?

Bro. Perfection, I hear you and as much as I want to, I can't disagree with you. Too much talking for way too long. Some of us might be blind and fooled by the rhetoric, but some of are not. But, although the "check" may not be in the mail, so to speak, and as corrupt as America's political system is, I still feel driven to participate in the madness by voting. I don't want to feel so disillusioned and powerless--even though logic may take me there--that I stop feeling as though I can do something to make a difference. What's the alternative?

Always an honor to see your words beautiful Queenie. Hope you are well.

"What's the alternative?" you ask. I'm not qualified to go that far. But I will say this: We, as black people, need a miracle. And I mean that in its literal context.

Nothing short of that will even begin to address our condition.

It's always a pleasure reading your comments, Bro. Perfection. Your opinions really cause me to pause and see things from a different perspective. You shake the conversations up and in my opinion, that's refreshing.

I honestly don't know what qualifications are needed to begin to strategize about what an "alternative" might look like. Maybe just simple common sense and enough courage to do what you (the collective "you") think might lead us to the real change we desperately need. I'm beginning to wonder whether the act of voting is a form of passive aggressive behavior. It may have made a real difference back in the day, but in this modern time, where corruption has become the norm and racism is growing by the day, how is it working for us? Black people haven't let go of the dream, to acknowledge that what we see today is the same despicable enemy that brought us to these shores in the bottom of slave ships, in chains.

Martin Luther King, Jr. was clear about what he dreamed for, but I don't recall him mentioning anything about reparations. Maybe he truly believed that once America was rid of laws that supported unequal treatment between the races, that the "playing field" would be level for everyone. Or maybe he knew that receiving equal treatment under the law would just be the escalation of the battle for Black people in America. Maybe he knew that this conversation was inevitable once Black people had a taste of freedom brought about with the killing of Jim Crow laws and vowing never to return to that period in our history. The conversation isn't over, it's just heating up and #45's administration with his overt message that being racist isn't a bad thing and it's okay to come out of the shadows, might be a blessing in disguise for Black people and those who support us.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back