Black People Politics : ▶ Republicans, Dems and "Progressives" unite telling blacks "We'll never give you reparations."

Perfection

REGISTERED MEMBER
Aug 21, 2012
Let me be clear: I argue that if after you've seen the evidence here presented and you still believe voting (as currently structured) is tenable, then I consider that action (that voting works for blacks) is the act of deceiving oneself. That's my argument. It's not personal but intellectual. I maintain that black voting, as it stands, is inoperable to the black polity.

And I offer a challenge to anyone to disprove my contention.

Here are the two pieces of evidence:

EXHIBIT 1

1925_U.S._Supreme_Court_Justices.jpg

EXHIBIT 2

kava.jpg

Now if one approaches in their feelings, well, feelings don't count.

If one comes with "Well, our people died for the voting right." OK, prove it.

But if not, the defense rests.

Here's a snippet from the famous Dred Scott decision of 1857.

The language of the Declaration of Independence is equally conclusive:

It begins by declaring that, 'when in the course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth the separate and equal station to which the laws of nature and nature's God entitle them, a decent respect for the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.'

It then proceeds to say: 'We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights; that among them is life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness; that to secure these rights, Governments are instituted, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed.'

The general words above quoted would seem to embrace the whole human family, and if they were used in a similar instrument at this day would be so understood. But it is too clear for dispute, that the enslaved African race were not intended to be included, and formed no part of the people who framed and adopted this declaration; for if the language, as understood in that day, would embrace them, the conduct of the distinguished men who framed the Declaration of Independence would have been utterly and flagrantly inconsistent with the principles they asserted; and instead of the sympathy of mankind, to which they so confidently appealed, they would have deserved and received universal rebuke and reprobation.

Yet the men who framed this declaration were great men-high in literary acquirements-high in their sense of honor, and incapable of asserting principles inconsistent with those on which they were acting. They perfectly understood the meaning of the language they used, and how it would be understood by others; and they knew that it would not in any part of the civilized world be supposed to embrace the negro race, which, by common consent, had been excluded from civilized Governments and the family of nations, and doomed to slavery. They spoke and acted according to the then established doctrines and principles, and in the ordinary language of the day, and no one misunderstood them. The unhappy black race were separated from the white by indelible marks, and laws long before established, and were never thought of or spoken of except as property, and when the claims of the owner or the profit of the trader were supposed to need protection
. [Dred Scott v. Sandford, United States Supreme Court, 1857].

After reading that, how can the light still shine in a black person's eyes regarding voting?

Besides cell phones, flat screen televisions and social media, what has changed as it relates to voting equating to black empowerment, much less liberation?

How has voting taken the edge off black suffering and misery?

You know what’s more interesting is what happened on March 6, 1857 which many historians fail to highlight but we'll speak about it here. See, they like to focus on the lower court where the initial decision came from. They try to keep the mind focused on the Missouri Supreme Court. But it was later the U.S. Supreme Court (where Kavanaugh now is) ruled that Constitutional protections were not entitled to Scott because, like the Missouri Supreme court ruled, he was not a legal citizen of the United States because in the eyes of the Constitution he was property.

Put another way, the United States Supreme Court agreed with its satellite court that black people ain't (the s word here).

If one bypasses the fluff and alarmist sentiments about the dangers of not voting, I’m not seeing one valid argument –not one—to maintain voting is tenable for the black polity.

From my life experiences, the political process (voting included) continues to reflect the wishes of the 1857 decision. Isn’t admitting this fact the prelude to real change rather than continual self-deluding?

Let me be clear: I argue that if after you've seen the evidence here presented and you still believe voting (as currently structured) is tenable, then I consider that action (that voting works for blacks) is the act of deceiving oneself. That's my argument. It's not personal but intellectual. I maintain that black voting, as it stands, is inoperable to the black polity.

And I offer a challenge to anyone to disprove my contention.

Here are the two pieces of evidence:

EXHIBIT 1

View attachment 13413

EXHIBIT 2

View attachment 13414

Now if one approaches in their feelings, well, feelings don't count.

If one comes with "Well, our people died for the voting right." OK, prove it.

But if not, the defense rests.
Voting, as Blacks currently do it, on its own wont remedy much but the battle needs to be fought on all fronts. Basically its the lesser of two evils approach. Politicians are keenly aware of what demographics are voting. Politics is the epitome of power. It takes power to maintain or create laws that benefit us. When Blacks dont vote you get clowns like Drumpf elected along with his white nationalist VP Pence.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...icans-cast-ballots/ft_17-05-10_voter-turnout/

I think instead of saying its useless to vote we can amend that to saying we shouldnt openly pledge allegiance to one party or another. Black people should register as undeclared or independent voters and demand something in return for our vote. Dems take us for granted because they know most of us know repubs are racists. I bet a mass change in the party we are registered to will get their attention.

"The Voting Rights Act of 1965, signed into law by President Lyndon B. Johnson, aimed to overcome legal barriers at the state and local levels that prevented African Americans from exercising their right to vote as guaranteed under the 15th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. The Voting Rights Act is considered one of the most far-reaching pieces of civil rights legislation in U.S. history." https://www.history.com/topics/black-history/voting-rights-act

Ok, we just read "The Voting Rights Act of 1965." Think about that. What that says is blacks need a law to allow them to vote. They need to be protected from those who don't want them to vote. (Question: If you're an American citizen, why the need for protection?).

That's right, even your voting is not guaranteed.

How can the black American voter not see the mockery in that?

How does it make you feel to know that your voting privileges are at the prerogative of a politician's whim?

So then, how can one even pass the straight-face-test when they tell another "your vote counts"?

Obama was hip to the game. He knows we don't have any real voting power. When you have a moment, look at this 2015 article: https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/250913-obama-pushes-congress-to-renew-voting-rights-act

He says this "progress" has to be "defended." Huh? But I thought we citizens and the right to vote comes with the game by default like breathing?

Why black people gotta have a special law passed to breathe?

While you're considering how blacks ain't really got no voting power outside it being "allowed," with all due respect, let me begin to show you some proof.

Peep this. Stephen B. Weeks (1894) The History of Negro Suffrage in the South, Page 681. Here's something I want you to chew on:

The fourteenth amendment advanced the negro to the status of a citizen, but did nothing affirmatively to confer [voting] upon him; it aided him negatively by imposing a penalty of his exclusion. Nor did the fifteenth amendment give him the right to vote; it merely invested the citizen of the United States with the right to be exempt from discrimination in the exercise of the elective franchise, on account of his race, color, or previous condition of servitude.

That snippet from back in 1894 is telling black people the worth of their "voting" power back then is the same as it is now in 2018---despite amendments 14 and 15.

And how can one dispute it when all you have to do is keep it a buck and see our collective condition.

Voting does not work for black bodies in America.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back