Black People Politics : ▶ Republicans, Dems and "Progressives" unite telling blacks "We'll never give you reparations."

Below is a graph by John D. Griffin and Brian Newman in their "Voting Power, Policy Representation, and Disparities in Voting's Rewards" found in The Journal of Politics, Vol. 75, No.1 (Dec 21, 2012), pp. 52-64 (13 pages, graph found on page 60).

The authors basically argue with their graphs and statistics that those who have the higher "voting power" are the ones who politicians are beholden to. In the graph below they call it the "win ratio."

Look at the bar yourself and see where the black polity is and then reconcile that with the income level also shown.

graph.jpg

Eh yeh, so have we decided yet what pragmatic means? (please someone say yes)
Have we yet decided between what the reality is and that that is wished for or is imagined that can happen given the choices offered at the table now?
The decision a person makes in the next couple weeks may make the difference between either the ballot or the bullet. In the end I'm not sure either choice will matter because at moment to me seems we can pick between the simple venal neoliberal oligarchs or the proto-fascists and their brethren the outright fascists (because make no mistake, that is what they are). But what I do know is if the fascist complete what they aim for then it definitely will come to the bullet....and our people will suffer the most and likely be among the first of many others to follow.

I can see no advantage in not voting.

I believe some people use it to legitimize their engagement in unlawful, immoral and unethical pursuits. A one time "kill all that moves" mass murderer he can't seek release from an incident that affects him is usually psychotic, at the end stage of PTSD, reacting to an event he can't recover from doesn't hide his motives and usually gets killed by law enforcement or commits suicide. However the serial killer is devious because he avoids exposure and capture at all cost and very rarely commits suicide because at worst he'll spend the last of his days reveling in his time. His usual excuse is the innocent victims lives he cut short in some bizarre way deserved their fate and he was the instrument of GODS wrath. I can't say for sure who or what is really propelling America into a new age of turbulence, consternation and destruction but in the end when the ashes slowly settle around what's left of The American Democratic Process I don't think there'll be enough to see a Phoenix rise from the detritus. At this time in American history I believe the vote holds zero value as the fix is truly embedded in our society now. The cat is so obviously out of the bag this time that even the blind can see it. I say vote anyway, after all what have we got to lose but time. Anybody want a red hat?

View attachment 13579
View attachment 13580

www.russianmadeeasy.com/

See it's like this, when Vladimir raises his flag on that pole on the roof of The White House, Olympus will truly have fallen. It's only then that what we have endured for centuries "The Other Man" will feel the sting of domination and it's ugly cousin oppression.

When I see that Ruskie hat on the pole of the White house, I will be shinning up it.

I believe some people use it to legitimize their engagement in unlawful, immoral and unethical pursuits. A one time "kill all that moves" mass murderer he can't seek release from an incident that affects him is usually psychotic, at the end stage of PTSD, reacting to an event he can't recover from doesn't hide his motives and usually gets killed by law enforcement or commits suicide. However the serial killer is devious because he avoids exposure and capture at all cost and very rarely commits suicide because at worst he'll spend the last of his days reveling in his time. His usual excuse is the innocent victims lives he cut short in some bizarre way deserved their fate and he was the instrument of GODS wrath. I can't say for sure who or what is really propelling America into a new age of turbulence, consternation and destruction but in the end when the ashes slowly settle around what's left of The American Democratic Process I don't think there'll be enough to see a Phoenix rise from the detritus. At this time in American history I believe the vote holds zero value as the fix is truly embedded in our society now. The cat is so obviously out of the bag this time that even the blind can see it. I say vote anyway, after all what have we got to lose but time. Anybody want a red hat?

View attachment 13579
View attachment 13580

www.russianmadeeasy.com/

See it's like this, when Vladimir raises his flag on that pole on the roof of The White House, Olympus will truly have fallen. It's only then that what we have endured for centuries "The Other Man" will feel the sting of domination and it's ugly cousin oppression.

There have always been people that use the freedoms afforded in the US towards their personal warped ends. The first I remember of the type you mention was at Texas A&M in 65 or 66 (head slap: I think it was). That's not to say similar events didn't happen before then it's just the first mass event I was old enough to actually internally realize it as a more than......
I wonder if what we witness today though is really any more prevalent now than it ever has been within that given percentage of the population that is always going to be there? i.e.. Is todays percentage within the population of those deviants really any different from yesteryear allowing for the pluses and minuses of reported and media coverage that we wouldn't have learned about in previous years?
Hmmm, that came out like mud. If ya can't sort it out let me know I'll try to clarify that thought.

I've long made the same argument many times you put so well. This ship has been foundering for a long time and the position can easily be made that moving far enough away so not to get sucked down in the under tow when it goes down is the wisest choice and one that many have made and if that is ones choice NOW is time to be move'n. Myself? guess I'll just continue to rage and rage yet more against that dying light.
If younger I'd do more than rage. Always have in the past........(thats why I still get personal visits from the feds). Yeh no shiite. Hi guys! Haha Just kidding jed. Now give the good ole boys out there a nice QE2 hand wave.

20181025_161656.jpg

So let's keep going staying mindful that all our opinions are important and matter.

One of the things which I hope is being observed is that I'm not even being radical as we're articulating this reasonable level of black voting skepticism. We not even getting guerilla with these arguments. We ain't even dropping the platforms of Garvey, Rodney, Clarke...Nkrumah...Tubman.

We on the "Can't we all get along" type of politics.

Peep the yellow highlights above. What do we see? We see 3 things which jump out at us immediately:

1) the black "vote" is an

2) "instrument" created to

3) address injustice(s)

What we clearly see, not infer, but what we see is Johnson even saying black people need to get something for their votes, right?

How many "injustices" do we, as a people face, and how many can we truly say have been addressed since Johnson signed that "Voting Rights Act" in 1965?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back