Black People Politics : ▶ Republicans, Dems and "Progressives" unite telling blacks "We'll never give you reparations."

Angela22

Feb 26, 2013
ogoun please chime in here as you were military if I'm off base with this.
Lol, you have to place >>> @ by his name to tag him.

@ogoun <<< Like that.

As for the infamous Waters/Peterson beat down scene I thought it was counterproductive to the theme of the movie because contrary to what many perceived as Peterson rightfully standing up to Waters constant denigration of the soldiers Peterson with his rather childish angry outburst was a blatant unconscionable act of disrespect of rank...
I don't believe it was counterproductive. It was a telling of both of their characters deeper than them being soldiers fighting for white men, but being black man with a point to prove, fighting for what they inherently believed a black man should stand for and represent. That's how I saw it, anyway. So, I felt it was perfect for the movie.

Symbol of America

Oct 1, 2017
East America
Occupation
RET: EMS & TPD
Lol, you have to place >>> @ by his name to tag him.

@ogoun <<< Like that.

I don't believe it was counterproductive. It was a telling of both of their characters deeper than them being soldiers fighting for white men, but being black man with a point to prove, fighting for what they inherently believed a black man should stand for and represent. That's how I saw it, anyway. So, I felt it was perfect for the movie.
Okay Angela22. I'll give you that one.

Queenie

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 9, 2001
I know some of you don't think it helpful to listen to white people (I get it, Bro. James) but they are talking and sharing a ton of information that may be helpful to us. I found this video very interesting, depressing and making me feel that I want to know your thoughts about what was discussed. Warning--It's long but I watched. It made me wonder about our struggle and question whether we are understanding what we are up against as we fight against America's racist culture. America is wounded by its own hand and is there anything that can be done to stave off the bleeding or does her fall in the world make it better for Black people?

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist

Perfection

Aug 21, 2012
Now if I were to play your game, I would say "Whatchu talkin bout Willis" Bump is a white man as well as the owner of the Washington Post.

But I won't do that because, even though I disagree, I understand the point you're trying to make and won't accuse you of collaborating with white racist because you use a white source to demonstrate a black point.

Thank you....

20190820_115814.jpg

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
Now if I were to play your game, I would say "Whatchu talkin bout Willis" Bump is a white man as well as the owner of the Washington Post.

But I won't do that because, even though I disagree, I understand the point you're trying to make and won't accuse you of collaborating with white racist because you use a white source to demonstrate a black point.

Thank you....

View attachment 17698

The data isn't about black people

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist

Perfection

Aug 21, 2012
I like what Dr. Amos N. Wilson (1993) said in his book The Falsification of Afrikan Consciousness: Eurocentric History, Psychiatry and the Politics of White Supremacy. On page 22, under the title Language and Power, he writes:

“When we get ready to create revolution we must redefine the world, and redefine words: there’s no way around it…There is a connection between naming and dominion, between naming and bringing into reality. When we permit another people to name and define, we permit another people to gain dominion and control over us.”

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

butterfly#1 wrote on Angela22's profile.
Absolutely!
Destee wrote on butterfly#1's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! ... :love: :yaay: :kiss: :yaay: :love:
Love is Gonna Last!!
Destee wrote on One-Hundredd's profile.
@One-Hundredd and @Clyde C Coger Jr ... everyone can add images and video to their own albums (as well as other categories) by clicking the MEDIA link at the top of the page too ... using this link ... https://destee.com/media/ ... just click ... ADD NEW ... to add new images / videos ... Loving Us! Thanks to both of you! :heart:
Destee wrote on Ms Drea's profile.
Hi My Dear Darling Sister - I owe you a phone call. Don't give up on me. I Love You! :heart: