Black People Politics : ▶ Republicans, Dems and "Progressives" unite telling blacks "We'll never give you reparations."

We play a part, but it is no where near on the level some of you believe. A significant portion of the 77.35% population (White people) have to be convinced to vote for any candidate, and that has to also take into consideration the Electoral College. Even if every person of color voted for one candidate, we would still not win the election because of the Electoral College and the total population of people of color being less than 33% of the over all population. So like I said in the end, the people who truly elected Obama were White people, just like the people who Elected Trump were White people. In the end, the people who should be blamed for 45 is White people. Blaming our people or really any people of color is ridiculous, because all of us combined make up less than 33% of the total population. So stop it with this mess that it is our fault when a person becomes president that we do not want. We can try to help keep him out, but in the end it is up to White people to do that on the national stage.

Also, your unwillingness to believe our population is only 13% is because you probably live in one of the few places were we have a significant population (D.C., Baltimore, Atlanta, some other urban areas). The US is a huge country though, and there are significantly more areas where we are less than 1% of the population. You would be amazed at how many White people only see Black people via the media (News, politics, & entertainment). Their only impression of us being controlled by the images being projected about us.
I cant blame white people for who they vote for. They actually made their choice known. I can blame our people for not voting at all. Thats a difference that we can control.

The only reason I think there may be something going on with the population numbers is logic and the fact that a lot of our people dont participate in the census.

Thats ok. I figured you wouldnt see it.

So if being biracial means youre not Black and being Black is not an experience then what qualifies you as being Black? This should be interesting seeing you define what constitutes a Black person.

On the second point.

We already established that he had done things specifically for Blacks so it cant be a an excuse. Its a fact. He was voted POTUS not president of the Blacks. In doing things that helped us specifically he also helped others.

In regards to the 3rd point.

You are moving the goal posts in order to keep your argument afloat. The original ask was what had he done specifically for Blacks. You even referenced it in my second point. The farming issue specifically addresses Blacks. It wasnt mexican farmers. It wasnt white farmers. It was Black farmers. Doesnt matter what percentage of the population they are. They are Black people he did something specifically for.

On the bi-racial issue. let's keep it simple. People try and make it confusing but its straight simple. Black and (other race) = bi-racial. It's not really hard when you think about it. I understand why most people won't wanna accept it because that truth---bi-racial not being black---instantly destroys their, well, your word...."optics." To accept the scientific fact that bi-racial people are not black would mean that black American still haven't achieved that apex of optics: a real black President of these United States.

To your second point. No sir, we did not establish Obama doing anything specifically for black people. You using that coping mechanism by making the argument that he was elected for ALL people. Ok, compare every other president before Obama and after him and you'll see that only Obama believes that naïve belief.

The third point you accuse me of is moving the goal post. That's not true. I would say you are or you're being purposely evasive. You know what I mean by Obama not doing things for black people...you know I mean what has he done for the collective, ordinary black population.

Following your logic, the only thing Obama would have done to pass the I helped black people test would be simply to hire one black person in his administration and then you will turn around and say "See, he did something for black people...so he's good."

You still three short my friend.

I cant blame white people for who they vote for. They actually made their choice known. I can blame our people for not voting at all. Thats a difference that we can control.

The only reason I think there may be something going on with the population numbers is logic and the fact that a lot of our people dont participate in the census.

If you can't supply actual numbers to support your assertions, then you are not really using logic. Also, those who are not counted by the Census also are incapable of voting. So, even if the numbers are off, the only numbers that count are what the government have on the rolls. I have not even included the numbers of our people who are disenfranchised (unable to vote) because of felonies. So again, blaming our people for anything concerning who becomes elected president is ridiculous. You want to get your candidate in, you have to make sure your candidate can convince a significant portion of White people to vote for him over significant areas of the country. Remember, the Electoral College is what determines presidential elections not popular votes. The only way to win in the Electoral college is to get enough people in enough states to support your candidate. That requires gaining the support of mainly White people. Obama understood that fact, and that is why he won. Hillary seems to not have understood it, and focused her campaigning only in areas she already had the numbers in. So she lost to the worst candidate in US history, Trump.

On the bi-racial issue. let's keep it simple. People try and make it confusing but it straight simple. Black and (other race) = bi-racial. It's not really hard when you think about it. I understand why most people won't wanna accept because that truth---bi-racial not being black---instantly destroys their, well, your word...."optics." To accept the scientific fact that bi-racial people are not black would mean that black American still haven't achieved that apex of optics: a real black President of these United States.

To your second point. No sir, we did not establish Obama doing anything specifically for black people. You using that coping mechanism by making the argument that he was elected for ALL people. Ok, compare every other president before Obama and after him and you'll see that only Obama believes that naïve belief.

The third point you accuse me of is moving the goal post. That's not true. I would say you are or you're being purposely evasive. You know what I mean by Obama not doing things for black people...you know I mean what has he done for the collective, ordinary black population.

Following your logic, the only thing Obama would have done to pass the I helped black people test would be simply to hire one black person in his administration and then you will turn around and say "See, he did something for black people...so he's good."

You three short my friend.
I was hoping you would keep the bi-racial issue simple by telling me what you qualify as Black. You never addressed that. I cant tell if your being evasive or you forgot to address it. Can you tell me what makes a person Black?

Second point.

It has nothing to do with Obamas belief. Its a fact that every president is the president of all people. Obama was no different other than the fact that he was Black. In doing things where his motivation is to specifically assist Blacks he is going to help other demographics that share some of the same issues.

third point.

I accused you of moving the goal posts because your requirement continues to be fluid in order to support your argument. No I didnt know what you meant because you didnt make it clear when you first stated your requirement. Your requirement has morphed from what has he done specifically for Blacks to what has he done for the collective ordinary Black population. Does that sound the same to you? It doesnt to me. Are you saying that him starting My Brothers Keeper is not allowed as something he has done for Blacks because it only addresses Black males?

When you reply please dont forget to tell me what qualifies as Black because there are a lot of people that are not going to be Black according to you.

Tell yourself that, but in the face of logic and mathematical analysis your belief is absolutely incorrect. You can think we as a people played a major part, but the true power brokers know that our part was relatively minor in the grand scheme of things. Just like our part in keeping Trump out of office was minor too, if you understand population centers and how the Electoral College works. Remember Hillary won the popular vote, but the popular vote does not elect presidents. It is the Electoral college that does that...

I have lived this history. I have seen what can happen. You just do your part and vote. Make sure you encourage your family and friends to do the same. This is a local election. The electoral college holds no sway. So, if Hillary or whoever runs for senate, congress or dog catcher, the winner this time is the one with the most votes.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back