Black People Politics : ▶ Republicans, Dems and "Progressives" unite telling blacks "We'll never give you reparations."

The only world leader---the only person--- to have ever dropped an atomic bomb on civilians was U.S. President Harry Truman from Missouri. The first and only time a bomb was even used in that capacity. Nobody in his administration tried to talk him out of it.

He was a Democrat.

I would be interested in knowing your definition of a "certifiably insane person."

Looks like you are oblivious to the "southern strategy" and the fact that the GOP admitted they indeed used it.

I would submit that his statement is definitely correct but only in regard to those few that knowingly tell our people not to vote in order to dismantle gains that were hard fought to acquire. Some people just dont know better and that should be reflected in his statement.

You're on record now for advocating the superiority of the Dems over the GOP, and here (in red), you mention the "gains" black folk "fought to acquire", right?

Would you be so kind to educate the rest of us who may not be privy to the knowledge of these gains, would you be so kind as to enumerate the gains that the Democratic party helped us to achieve please?

Thank you.

If Black people voting was such a non starter, why does the GOP do everything in its power to suppress the Black vote? #ThingsThatShouldMakeYouThink

This is what I see about suppression of voting rights: Felons that lost their privilege to vote which can be restored after seven years through paper work. Also people who want to vote must have ID and if they don't drive then we can get a simple non driving ID from the Motor Vehicles Dept.

As for getting in the way of people trying to vote to stop them that is a felony-jail-fine. In that case report it. Felony-jail-fine. If you don't like these laws, vote and change them. Take it to court, because there are al kinds of civil rights to uphold voting for all races.

Above is enough information for you to peruse and make a decision yourself. Not hard to find this information at all if one is actually looking for it.

Also, you need to read what you quoted from me more carefully. I have already pointed out that I consider both parties to be two sides of the same coin. Do you understand what that means? So pointing out Truman was a Democrat to me is quite unnecessary.

One of the problems with texting and writing is that often you can get cross signals. I wasn't putting an axe to your conclusion on voting. I'd seen you were making a well reasoned argument there. However, I was challenging your vote out the crazy-man-who-drops-the-bomb theory based on it's just an American interest move, which, yes, involves crazy.

My point of involving Truman was to demonstrate party affiliation is irrelevant when it comes to "crazy." So then, blacks "voting" to get him out--as you say--to get a crazy man away from the launch codes is not a clear justification for voting.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back