Black People : • Charles Barkley Supports Police After Ferguson Grand Jury Decision •

Stephen A. Smith Reacts To Charles Barkley-Kenny Smith Ferguson Debate (Audio)

Stephen A. Smith reacted to Kenny Smith’s open letter — written for USA TODAY’s For the Win blog — during his radio show Thursday.
The ESPN personality took exception to some of what Kenny Smith wrote, especially Kenny Smith’s insistence that Barkley isn’t qualified
to speak out about the situation in Ferguson, where there’s been unrest over the Michael Brown shooting. Brown, an unarmed black teenager,
was fatally shot by Ferguson police officer Darren Wilson back in August. A grand jury recently decided not to indict Wilson, leading to further
turmoil in Ferguson and beyond.

“I don’t understand why Kenny Smith has a problem with that, because, see to me, when you look at this country, this nation of ours, sometimes
people who may be a bit less informed, who may not be as knowledgeable, who can never be confused with being an expert, sometimes it takes
their bravery to tackle issues,” Stephen A. Smith said. “So that the people who should’ve been heard from all along have the courage themselves
to speak up, or dare I say society as a whole will show the willingness to listen to them.”

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2014/12/stephen-a-smith-reacts-to-charles-barkley-kenny-smith-ferguson-debate-audio/

Kenny Smith's open letter to Charles Barkley about Ferguson

Dear Chuck,

....What I consistently find interesting is how writers and media members view your
insights in politics, and now race relations, with the same reverence as your insights in sports.

They did it in the Trayvon Martin trial and now with Mike Brown and the decision in Ferguson.
It’s not that you shouldn’t ever have an opinion, but you are often quoted alongside the likes of
Al Sharpton and even President Obama. I would hope that Sharpton or President Obama would
never be referenced with you when picking the next NBA Champs!

The body of work that our Black Civil Rights leaders put in by planning, executing and activating
does not justify you being in the conversation. While your body of work on the court very few compare
to nor should be mentioned when you are giving your expert analysis. Again, I respect that you have an
opinion on Ferguson. And here’s mine.

The question must be asked: Why is there so much distrust in the police and the legal system from the
African American community? Without manifesting what the effects of slavery still have today, Dec 1st still
marks only 59 years since Rosa Parks sat on that memorable bus. Many of our parents and grandparents
have lived through those times and have passed those stories on to all of us. Those civil rights changes were
at one time the law! They were not illegal.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/12/kenny-smith-charles-barkley-ferguson-open-letter-exclusive

Kenny makes a few good points.
I feel that he is being cautious with
his remarks.

Of course K. Smith was cautious with his remarks, he may not be the clown that barkley is but, he knows who butters his bread!! If you saw them on tnt thursday night, Shaq was also cautious. The part that just killed me was when barkley wanted to be all Kumbaya with K. Smith, shaking hands and all. I would've paid good money for them to say what they really feel (Shaq and the Jet) but, we knew that, that wouldn't happen!!!

10847084_1551152088463140_396265416_n.jpg

lol Charles Barkleys dream fantasy come true........ a mind is a terrible (or as barkley would say turraba) thing to use,when it is under developed.......

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back