Black Poetry : “The Paradoxical Commandments"

Lrae

Dec 25, 2015
Indiana, USA
www.facebook.com
People are illogical, unreasonable, and self-centered.
Love them anyway.

If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish ulterior motives.
Do good anyway.

If you are successful, you will win false friends and true enemies.
Succeed anyway.

The good you do today will be forgotten tomorrow.
Do good anyway.

Honesty and frankness make you vulnerable.
Be honest and frank anyway.

The biggest men and women with the biggest ideas can be shot down by the smallest men and women with the smallest minds.
Think big anyway.

People favor underdogs but follow only top dogs.
Fight for a few underdogs anyway.

What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight.
Build anyway.

People really need help but may attack you if you do help them.
Help people anyway.

Give the world the best you have and you'll get kicked in the teeth.
Give the world the best you have anyway.”

― Kent M. Keith

$$RICH$$

Lyon King Admin.
STAFF
Mar 21, 2001
Da~WINDY*CITY //CHICAGO
Occupation
BUSINESS owner
The key is at heart, do good anyway and always.....

Harry Hyman

Oct 31, 2003
North Carolina
Occupation
Salesman
Lrae - I liked this poetic plea to be resilient against the onslaught of adversity by expecting it. Nicely done and nicely crafted. Namyh

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Black Poetry : A Paradoxical Continuum Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Christians : World's Oldest Stone Tablet Containing Ten Commandments Up for Auction Christian Study Group 0
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : The Ten commandments & the links with Egyptian Laws AACOOLDRE 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Law Forum : Oklahoma court: Ten Commandments monument must come down Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 0
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Ancient Egyptian 42 laws vs OT 10 commandments AACOOLDRE 1
Keita Kenyatta Black People : Ten Commandments of (Rational) Debate Black People Open Forum 1
Fine1952 Black People : The 10 Commandments Of Logic Black People Open Forum 6
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Atheists : Atheists unveil Fla monument near Ten Commandments Atheist Study Group 35
Ankhur Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv: The Persuasions, Ten Commandments of Love Audio Video Web Conferencing 1
Black-king Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : Keep the commandments (Hebrew Israelite Song) Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
cherryblossom Black Spirituality Religion : The Commandments Keepers Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 2
G Chief Elder Osiris : THE TEN COMMANDMENTS, THE COMMAND OF THE HUMAN BEING, AND NOT GOD Chief Elder Osiris 0
G Black Spirituality Religion : “Obey Thy Ten Commandments, Or Else”: Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 86
ibrahim Black Jokes Humor : 5 COMMANDMENTS. Black Jokes Humor 5
J Black People : Hip-Hop's unspoken 10 Commandments Black People Open Forum 4
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : The Ten commandments AACOOLDRE 0
P Black Spirituality Religion : The Ten Indian Commandments Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 4
ASHANTA Quiet Poetry Lounge : 10 Commandments Of Satin Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
Destee Chat

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on rhymebad's profile.
@rhymebad ... i love you ... :love: ... what was going wrong about polls and being blocked and stuff?
Destee wrote on pdiane's profile.
Welcome Home Sister! :love:
pdiane wrote on panafrica's profile.
Hey Destee, thank you for still being here! You are loved!
pdiane wrote on panafrica's profile.
I'm Black on Destee, I feel at home! It's been a while! Soooo in 2004 I married my Senegalese Husband, when I first went to Senegal, I loved, it! The people were hospitable and my husband's family was very kind! Well I've been there many times now, have taken African Americans, well over 150 and it has been an amazing experience!
Free as free can be