Black People : “The Black Misleadership Class Versus the Movement and its Legacy.”

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by RAPTOR, Oct 22, 2013.

1. RAPTOR

RAPTOR Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,094
    From BAR:
    Friends of Black Agenda Report gathered at New York City’s historic Riverside Church to celebrate the publication’s 7th anniversary on Friday, October 18. The fundraiser, held in cooperation with the Riverside Church Social Justice Ministry, was organized under the theme, “The Black Misleadership Class Versus the Movement and its Legacy.” Black Agenda Radio co-host and veteran Harlem organizer Nellie Bailey emceed the affair.

Panel members included BAR executive editor Glen Ford, managing editor Bruce Dixon, editor and senior columnist Margaret Kimberley; Marsha Coleman Adebayo, founder of the No FEAR Coalition and BAR editor and columnist; Ajamu Baraka, founder of the U.S. Human Rights Network and BAR editor and columnist; Anthony Montiero, professor of African American Studies, Temple University; Kevin Alexander Gray, veteran political activist and author; and Boyce Watkins, professor of economics at Syracuse University and founder of Your Black World.

BAR poet-in-residence Raymond Nat Turner presented his work, “Help, Help, Mama Harriet, Help!” and Friends of Congo director Maurice Carney detailed U.S. complicity in the genocide that has killed six million Congolese over the past 17 years.

Dr. Cornel West, of the Union Theological Seminary, the featured guest at last year’s BAR anniversary, was unable to attend due to a family emergency.

Pianist Donald Smith and vocalist Tuliva-Donna Cumberbatch delighted the crowd.

Listen here:http://blackagendareport.com/content/listen-black-agenda-radio-progressive-radio-network-glen-ford-and-nellie-bailey-–-week-10211

2. Alarm Clock

Alarm Clock Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,030
    Another pity party? or another communal urination on the legacy of present day Uncle Tom's?
    My problem with The Black Agenda Report is their rhetorical masturbation.
    In all the years I have read BAR and posted from BAR on this website in various incarnations, I have yet too see them post something Proactive for the Black community!
    Never saw an article on practical Black Nationalism for the Ipad age! Never saw an article on how those of us in the diaspora can help or work to foster Pan Africanism !
    His pops had a show full of solutions called "Positively Black" that was so on point it was removed out of fear of waking up too many of us.

What Dr Boyce with his Black Knowledge page on FB, Cornel West, and Ford never mention,
    is that this generation just like the young generations in the past, every 30 years since Emancipation; are responsible for creating,
    new movements, New Leadership, and New Organizations!

And for the past 30 years this generation has done nothing but whine and cry and produce street scholars!
    Roy Innis; the negro leader of the time had the Black Panther party and before that Malcolm to challenge them cause they provided solutions, real solutions! But these dudes clocking dollars crying about Sharpton, Farakhan, and Jesse; have what to offer the community?
    There is an old saying about folks who sit and cry about a leaky roof but wont do squat to repair it, but according to the rules of this website I cannot use such language!

3. RAPTOR

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,094
    Alarm Clock,

Lets keep it short winded:

Did you listen to the panel discussion?: Yes or no.

If yes: What did you agree/disagree with in terms of what was being said? And perhaps why. Or is there anything in the panel discussion that was said which you would care to comment on.

If you did not, then take some time and listen to it.

Should you choose not to listen, then I shall make this suggestion: that you exercise your right to go chew gum wittch'o azs and pop tihs, elsewhere.

Or just listen and reserve your right to comment.

4. RAPTOR

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,094
    What I find revealing is what glen ford said about our, as in black folks, history of being against wars knowing the nature/intent of the war monger that is the u.s. He said something like a half of the black caucus voted against a resolution that would have stopped the bombing of with lybia, where in the past , 4 of them were voted in favor for a war with iraq (if I recall from listening, (Alarm Clock)) to the panel discussion.

"Ride or die"?
    ...To a fault?

5. Alarm Clock

Ratings:
    +1,030
    Are you married to any of those brothers? Otherwise why the tude brother? Did I say anything that was a lie?

6. RAPTOR

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,094
    "The tude"? Really now.
    "Another communal urination on the legacy of present day Uncle Tom's?"
    "Another pity party"
    "rhetorical masturbation "
    "whine and cry"
    "but according to the rules of this website I cannot use such language!"
    Huhuhuh..., aren't you rich. I should be asking you the same thing. Brother.

What you said was extremely not relevant. What you demonstrated so far, is that you did not listen to the discussion panel. However, the suggestion is still on the table.

Until then, I will take my leave of you.

Adieu. (That's french for sayonara.)

7. Alarm Clock

Ratings:
    +1,030
    Like i said no one said anything bout your language bruh, but what got you into a tude about my response? You desire to debate me then roll up your sleeves and man up!

8. RAPTOR

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,094
    According to Ford:
    In a previous poll, 21% were in favor of a war in iraq, yts much more. In a more current poll, black folks were in favor for war with syria more than yts. 40% would be for a war in syria. Yts, 38%. The first time blacks polled more in favor for war than yts in history.

Correction: 1/3 of the black caucus were in favor of n.s.a. use of "hyper surveillance" and voted to maintain it.

"Ride or die"?
    ...To a fault?

9. Alarm Clock

Ratings:
    +1,030
    The United Negro Improvment organization, had a legacy of real leadership!

The Nation of Islam had a legacy of real leadership

The Black Panther Part for Self Defense had a Legacy for Real leadership;

and all three provided solutions to thew numerous amounts of crap that Black folks had to face during those times! My question still after listening to the entire thing is what solutions are they providing now 2013? How can one speak of a legacy of leadership without pointing to or suggesting solutions?

10. RAPTOR

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,094
    Ford also went in on corey booker. A mayor up their in new jersey and that he is being groomed to be the next black face as federal politician(senator I think), and perhaps with aims at the white house.

I don't know much about the dude, other than seeing his ads here on Destee.com periodically. Can anyone here speak on booker?