Black People : “Is This Generation of African-American Baby Boomers Getting Soft?

IFE

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jan 20, 2015
“Is This Generation of African-American Baby Boomers Getting Soft?

The youngest Baby Boomer turned fifty-one this year and the African-American variety seems to be unraveling. Especially, in the South. There was a time when we abhorred anything that looked, smelled, and sounded like racism. Our forefathers witnessed families being pulled out of their homes and lynched in trees. They were around when traffic stops equated to swift incarcerations prior to the protections from Miranda Rights and illegal searches. When Black people died “mysteriously”, their communities bonded together, meeting in homes, schools, and churches to form a unified front bent on finding out the truth. Now, it seems like African-American “Baby Boomers” have gone soft. The “boom” has gone.

Is This Generation of African-American Baby Boomers Getting Soft ...
http://www.aframnews.com/is-this-generation-of-african-american-baby-boomers-getting-soft/ - 147k - Cached - Similar pages

IMO, as a BBII generation, I believe many of us have became soft and tired.
Until, Trump is elected. The Baby Boomers know when we must take action and protest like during the CRM, that, unfortunately, our kids did not appreciate.

We had to step aside for Gen X to lead. Only to discover they no longer respected or required leadership. Thus, not accomplishing much for their communities, IMO.

Boomers I or The Baby Boomers
Born: 1946-1954
Coming of Age: 1963-1972

Boomers II or Generation Jones
Born: 1955-1965
Coming of Age: 1973-1983

Black Lives Matter and Civil Rights movements confront generation gap

Morehouse senior Parker Williams says there is a generation gap between the Black Lives Matter movement and the Civil Rights era.
These organizers fill a gap left by Atlanta’s famous Civil Rights era elders such as former Mayor and Ambassador Andrew Young, who thinks the current generation isn’t making a real sacrifice.
“I knew I was gonna get beat up when I confronted the police, but they know they’re gonna get away with it,” Young, 84, said recently. “It’s a cheap shot.”

Black Lives Matter and Civil Rights movements confront generation ...

http://www.myajc.com/news/local-gov...nfront-generation-gap/tnNrCB1gKKUOEgelsEoNVO/ - 271k - Cached - Similar pages

Why the gap between old and new black civil rights activists is widening

.......as civil rights veteran Andrew Young stepped in to provide some encouragement – not to activists, but to police officers.

“Those are some unlovable little brats out there,” the 84-year-old former Atlanta mayor and U.S. ambassador said of protesters at a recent pep talk at a police precinct. “They’re showing off. And not even with a clear message.

Why the gap between old and new black civil rights activists is ...
http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-civil-rights-generation-gap-20160713-snap-story.html - 116k - Cached - Similar pages

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back