Black People : ‘World’s first 3-D printable handgun’ under fire

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Keita Kenyatta, May 7, 2013.

1. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382

[​IMG]The Liberator (Michael Thad Carter/Forbes)
    The creator of what's being called the world's first 3-D-printed handgun is coming under fire from lawmakers concerned that anyone with a 3-D printer and an Internet connection will be able to print an untraceable arsenal.
    Cody Wilson, the 25-year-old founder of Defense Distributed, is expected to release his controversial blueprint for the gun—called the "Liberator"—online this week, according to Forbes.
    The report immediately drew the ire of both New York Rep. Steve Israel, who called for a renewal of the Undetectable Firearms Act, and New York Sen. Chuck Schumer, who called use of the technology “stomach-churning.”
    “Security checkpoints, background checks and gun regulations will do little good if crimina
    http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/3d-printable-gun-153109290.html

2. Alarm Clock

Alarm Clock Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,030
    IMHO Every Black family and community should chip in to buy a 3D printer and plenty of plastic refills! We can make our own cups, flower pots and other plastic items enough to sell!!!!

3. Enejoh

Enejoh Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +130
    Nice one but bro, i need your help on this one. Another bro just showed me this documentary
    , i try not to pass judgement but still can say its another way of denying the Black Builders. Happy viewing.

4. Keita Kenyatta

Ratings:
    +3,382

As you can well see, this is just one of the reasons why there can be and will never be any stopping of guns in this country. You can take their money, their homes and even their women away...but the guns are staying!

5. Keita Kenyatta

Ratings:
    +3,382
    I want to see what the government is going to do now! They can print a gun that's untraceable, they can print out magazines that can hold rounds like an M-16. So now no one has to worry about record checks or anything else to get a weapon....just print it out and you're ready to go!!! This technology is even going to bring down the cost of weapons on the street come to think about it!!

6. Kamau47

Kamau47 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,304
    Zip guns, I believe, are more easily made.