Health and Wellness : ‘We’re in a Petri Dish’: How a Coronavirus Ravaged a Cruise Ship into Worldwide Pandemic

:facepalm:

These 13 states need to lock down now, according to Harvard coronavirus experts

Andrew Romano
West Coast Correspondent
Yahoo News

ed748780-0fd1-11ea-b6ab-27c0f3de877a

:facepalm: direct result of wealth gap inequities

Dr. Fauci on why coronavirus is wreaking havoc on Black communities

View the full interview with Dr. Fauci on BET.com.
Marc Lamont Hill: The African American community has been hit particularly hard by the coronavirus. Can you help me, first of all, make sense of why that's happening?

Dr. Fauci: It's what I call a double whammy against the minority, but particularly the African American and Latinx community. You don't like to generalize, but as a demographic group, the African American community is more likely to be in a job that does not allow them to stay at home and do teleworking most of the time, they're in essential jobs. I mean, obviously, there are a lot of African Americans who are not, that could just as easily do that.

CBSNews
CBS News

:great:

Michigan Threatens to Slip From Trump as He Goes Quiet on Airwaves

There are uniquely local factors hampering the president, too: Trump’s unprovoked and unfulfilled threat this spring to “hold up funding” to the state because election officials planned to send absentee ballot applications to voters, as well as his loud sparring with Michigan’s Democratic governor, Gretchen Whitmer, over her response to the coronavirus pandemic. Voters now consistently rate her performance on the issue positively and his unfavorably.

Shane Goldmacher and Kathleen Gray
The New York Times

:wow:

Exclusive: CDC projects U.S. coronavirus death toll could top 180,000 by Aug. 22

Sharon Weinberger and Jana Winter
Yahoo News

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back