Health and Wellness : ‘We’re in a Petri Dish’: How a Coronavirus Ravaged a Cruise Ship into Worldwide Pandemic

:great: the one I got

Moderna vs. Pfizer: Both Knockouts, but One Seems to Have the Edge

In a half-dozen studies published over the past few weeks, Moderna’s vaccine appeared to be more protective than the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine in the months after immunization.

Apoorva Mandavilli

:wow:

America’s meat supply is cheap and efficient. Covid-19 showed why that’s a problem

It was spring 2020, the start of the Covid-19 pandemic, and the coronavirus was rolling through the country’s massive slaughterhouses, where employees worked in crowded, indoor spaces at a time when protective gear like face masks was scarce. Thousands of workers fell ill, forcing processing plants to shut their doors for weeks at a time. Farmers and ranchers were left to compete for limited space at smaller plants, often called “meat lockers,” that stayed open.

Ryan McCrimmon

:wow: so unfortunate :facepalm:

For Parents of Disabled Children, School Mask Wars Are Particularly Wrenching

“It’s very dystopian,” Hart said. “I’m used to arguing with a district to get my kid what he needs. I’m not used to my neighbors screaming at a school board meeting over a mandate that protects everybody.”

Erica L. Green

Makes good sense :facepalm:

What Not To Say To Someone Who Has Long-Haul COVID

The last thing they need are words of support intended to encourage and motivate, but that really minimize and invalidate their experience.

Krissy Brady

Good :huh1:

Ask an expert: Should I get a flu shot if I’m getting a COVID vaccine booster?

In August, we spoke with Dr. Anita Skariah, UNC Health internist and pediatrician, to get answers to questions about the need for both flu shots and COVID vaccines. In short, she did recommend getting both the COVID and influenza vaccinations.

Brooke Cain

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back