Black People : ‘Mask mouth is a seriously stinky side effect of wearing masks

HODEE

Alonewolf
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jul 2, 2003

People tend to breathe through their mouth instead of through their nose while wearing a mask
If this is the problem, then training is needed.

Some bad breath just can’t be covered up. Dry Mouth is No Joke It leads to quick tooth decay

Now that dentists have reopened their doors, they’re having patients show up with a nasty set of symptoms, which the doctors have dubbed “mask mouth.”

The new oral hygiene issue — caused by, you guessed it, wearing a mask all the time to prevent the spread of the coronavirusis leading to all kinds of dental disasters like decaying teeth, receding gum lines and seriously sour breath

“We’re seeing inflammation in people’s gums that have been healthy forever, and cavities in people who have never had them before,”
says Dr. Rob Ramondi, a dentist and co-founder of One Manhattan Dental. “About 50% of our patients are being impacted by this, [so] we decided to name it ‘mask mouth’ — after ‘meth mouth.’ ”

He says the stinky syndrome is triggered by face coverings, since wearing a mask increases dryness of the mouth — and a buildup of bad bacteria.

“People tend to breathe through their mouth instead of through their nose while wearing a mask,” says Sclafani. “The mouth breathing is causing the dry mouth, which leads to a decrease in saliva — and saliva is what fights the bacteria and cleanses your teeth.”

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
HODEE Black People : East Coast Will Need N95 _ Mask ( It May Not Help ) to Avoid "Silica" Glass Dust Storm Coming From Africa to the United States Black People Open Forum 2
Kemetstry Black Money Business Jobs : BLACK OWNED FACE MASK BUSINESS Black Money Business Jobs 0
Fine1952 Health and Wellness : COVID-19/SARS: The Plan-The Test-The Mask-The Social Distancing-The Vaccine-The Cure-The Scam Black Health and Wellness 1474
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Black Jesus, White gospels: Black Christ, Roman mask AACOOLDRE 1
R Black Poetry : Here I am back online in contact with whack rhymes got facts On my mind, quick to wear a mask this s Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
nevar Black Poetry : He who wears the mask.......... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
MsInterpret Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : Avocado Hair Mask Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
S Black Poetry : "We Wear The Mask" by Paul Laurence Dunbar, 1896 Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
OldSoul OldSoul : white bank robber used black mask to fool cops OldSoul 7
E Black Entertainment : Barack Obama: Fun Cutout Face Mask Black Entertainment 0
tyab14 Black Jokes Humor : Reporter Throws off white Mask Black Jokes Humor 3
F DUCKBILL mask contest Black Health and Wellness 0
ASHANTA Black Poetry : We Ware The Mask Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
I African American History Culture : Cultural banditry with the mask of upliftment? African American History Culture 3
PoeticManifesta Black Poetry : Rich wears a mask Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 29
ASHANTA Black Poetry : Mask Less Tribe Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
L Black Picture Image Gallery : this is the man behind the mask..LURK..lol Black Picture Image Gallery 27
A Black Poetry : Mask Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 11
$$RICH$$ Black Haiku : U.S. Mask Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 11
K Black Poetry : Behind the Mask Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 9
1poetsought Black Poetry : Outhouse Potty Mouth Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
Liberty Black Women : Straight From His Mouth: Why Do Women Settle For Bad Sex In Relationships? Black Women 18
AACOOLDRE Black Poetry : The toliet of his mouth is a Sham Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Kemetstry Health and Wellness : HAND, FOOT AND MOUTH DISEASE Black Health and Wellness 1
MsInterpret Black Poetry : Mouth Like Metal Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
Ra Nehem Black Spirituality Religion : Opening of the Mouth and Eyes Ceremony in Kamit Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
Ankhur Black People : Black Baby shot in the mouth in Newark apartment Black People Open Forum 6
river Aerobics ~ The Danger of Breathing Through Your Mouth Black Health and Wellness 2
B Black People : Straight from the Horse's Mouth?: "The Undisclosed Truth" Black People Open Forum 33
E Black Jokes Humor : Lil' Black Girl (out of the mouth of babes) Black Jokes Humor 4
I Black People : Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is! Black People Open Forum 6
G Black People : Those who speak with a tongue-mouth-mind that is still in captivity/slavery Black People Open Forum 0
Joyce Black Relationships : Sistahs...Do You Think That Grills Are Sexy In A Brotha's Mouth? Black Relationships 19
watzinaname Black Haiku : Potty Mouth... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 23
D Black Jokes Humor : From the mouth of babes! Black Jokes Humor 2
HODEE Black People : You say that again.. I'll wash your mouth out with Soap! Black People Open Forum 3
tzevi1278 Black Poetry : Word of mouth Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
jamesfrmphilly Black Entertainment : KRS-1 puts foot in mouth? Black Entertainment 14
1poetsought Black Poetry : Out of the Mouth of Babes Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 9
L Black Poetry : Wash youre mouth...... (whoever you are ) libby was angry Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
A Quiet Poetry Lounge : Running my mouth' Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
R Black Poetry : this taste in my mouth Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
F Black Entertainment : Mr.Cheeks interview with Wendy Williams big mouth Black Entertainment 1
blakverb Black Poetry : Mouth To **** Resuscitation (Watch out now) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 10
HODEE Black People : I heard of this organization _ Saw on TV where they are seriously helping New York Black People Open Forum 0
C Black People : Seriously??? Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Food Discussion : This Clever Cooking Trick Will Seriously Upgrade Your Roasted Vegetables Food Discussion and Recipes 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : Tech addiction is real. We psychologists need to take it seriously Black Health and Wellness 0
Fine1952 Black People Politics : 59 Missiles, Seriously...? Black People Politics 35
anAfrican Black People : seriously! Black Girls Rock! Black People Open Forum 3