Black People : ‘Harriet Tubman Sex Tape’ Explodes Into Racial Controversy For Russell Simmons, AwesomenessTV & Star

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by RAPTOR, Aug 15, 2013.

1. RAPTOR

RAPTOR Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,094
    This some'ole coon kneegrow tihs russell is/was on with this. And yeah, I'm "talking down" to this brotha, 'eatin' the "same food" 'they' give us and all that. Wudeva.:

Posted by Jeff Klima on Thursday, August 15, 2013 ·

UPDATE (08/15/13 13:24 PT): "And it’s gone. Russell Simmons has agreed to pull the Harriet Tubman Sex Tape from his All Def Digital YouTube channel. Said Simmons in a statement: “In the whole history of Def Comedy Jam, I’ve never taken down a controversial comedian. When my buddies from the NAACP called and asked me to take down the Harriet Tubman video from the All Def Digital YouTube channel and apologize, I agreed.”
    D a m n, well, we’ll see if this becomes some of the “lost YouTube footage” now only found in internet lore."

Here's the video:
    http://newmediarockstars.com/2013/0...or-russell-simmons-awesomenesstv-stars-video/

2. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585

Have you seen the video?

3. RAPTOR

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,094
    Yes, I did.

4. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    Question: was it a rape scene or was it consentual?

5. RAPTOR

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,094
    It was a scene where a couple of characters, one portraying tubman and some other a male slave setting up "massa" portayed of course by some yt dude, by having sex with him while the other slave is in the closet with a video camera.

I posted the link so folks can check it out.

6. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585

Ok. I was just asking. Checked but didn't see the link. I did see the video earlier.

7. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,735
    :SuN026:*** sigh ****

8. ProphetikGeneral

ProphetikGeneral Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +403
    Well, Russell has been cooning since been cooning, so I'm not surprised.

9. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,128
    Talk about stuck on stupid!

[​IMG]
    © AP / Russell Simmons

Russell Simmons pulls Harriet Tubman 'sex tape' video, apologizes
    Aug. 15, 2013, 10:29 AM EST
    By Tim Molloy
    TheWrap
    Russell Simmons has apologized and pulled from his YouTube channel a video in which Harriet Tubman makes a sex tape with a slaveowner in order to blackmail him.
    Simmons tweeted a link to the video Wednesday, calling it the "funniest thing I've seen." Many on Twitter were appalled, and soon "Harriet Tubman" was a trending topic.
    Within hours, Simmons said he agreed at the request of friends in the NAACP to remove the video from his All Def Digital channel, and to apologize.
    Bing: Oprah apologizes for media storm following Swiss shop incident
    "In the whole history of Def Comedy Jam, I've never taken down a controversial comedian," he wrote on GlobalGrind. "When my buddies from the NAACP called and asked me to take down the Harriet Tubman video from the All Def Digital YouTube channel and apologize, I agreed.
    "I'm a very liberal person with thick skin and it's hard to offend me. My first impression of the Harriet Tubman piece was that it was about what one of actors said in the video, that 162 years later, there's still tremendous injustice. And with Harriet Tubman outwitting the slave master? I thought it was politically correct. Silly me. I have taken down the video. Lastly, I would never condone violence against women in any form, and for all those I offended, I am extremely sorry."
    In the video, Tubman gets a fellow slave to record her from the closet while she and the man she calls "massa" have aggressive sex. Then she tells the slaveholder that the tape gives her "leverage."
    At the end, she is heard saying, "Get to work on that railroad, white n----," suggesting that she forced him to build the Underground Railroad. The real railroad was a secret network Tubman used to lead hundreds to freedom.
    The video inspired a Change.org petition that drew more than 700 signatures before Simmons' decision. "Rape is not a joke, nor is the sexual violation of African American women by enslavers a punchline," said the petition.
    Jamil Smith, a segment producer for MSNBC's "Melissa Harris-Perry," tried to make the best of the situation.
    "If Harriet Tubman's name is going to be all over Twitter, I'm glad to see many using it as a teaching moment," he tweeted, along with a link to a Tubman biography.

10. Alarm Clock

Alarm Clock Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,030
    Yes Raptor, we here face negro millionaires just as neocolonized as the Negropean billionaires in the motherland !

The art of keeping a people colonized, is to get their one percent to sell out and bow down