Black People Politics : ▶ Republicans, Dems and "Progressives" unite telling blacks "We'll never give you reparations."

Are you serious? We only make up 13% of the population in this country. We do not have the numbers to drastically affect national political outcomes. We did not elect Obama, it was White people who did that. So you should focuse on that 53 percent of voting white women who are the ones to actually cause this mess. I mean really, why are we so willing to point the finger at ourselves instead of the White women, who outnumber us in massive numbers, who voted for Trump?

Blaming Black people for Trump is idiotic on so many levels.
White people didnt elect Obama. People of color did. White support of Obama never got past the 39-40% mark. Heres the point. The presidential election is only on aspect of voting. There are many local elections deciding local leaders and measures that affect you. Here is a scenario. You have 2 people running for mayor in a town thats 40% white, 30% Black 25% Latino and 5% Asian. One of the candidates is Black and the other candidate is the local KKK leader. Guess who gets elected if Black people decide not to vote?

Other than get elected and provide a visual of a Black family at the apex of power? Dont underestimate the optics. That by itself was a powerful boost to the Black race.

How about the ACA? Thats going to be his enduring legacy. Prior to that nationally mandated health care was a pipe dream. For Black people that has given most access to health care they didnt have before. As you can see thats going nowhere and it will get better.

How about finally getting the Black farmers their payout in their suit against the government discriminating against them? It had been a decade since it was settled out of court and they still hadnt been paid.

My bad thats three.

Not sure I'm counting three.

You mentioned optics as the first. Yes, we saw a family on the national stage but we didn't see a "black family." Obama is bi-racial, he's not black so your optics argument doesn't work. Therefore, we still haven't had a black American president yet.

Next, although you have a better argument with the ACA, that really doesn't hold much water because it wasn't black-specific. So although it comes close, it nevertheless cannot be counted as a rallying cry for black people.

As to your third argument, you probably need to read up on black farmers here: https://grist.org/food/what-happened-to-americas-black-farmers/ to know your argument on them is invalidated as well.

So I ask the question again...what did the Democratic President do for American blacks who voted overwhelmingly for him?

Are you serious? We only make up 13% of the population in this country. We do not have the numbers to drastically affect national political outcomes. We did not elect Obama, it was White people who did that. So you should focuse on that 53 percent of voting white women who are the ones to actually cause this mess. I mean really, why are we so willing to point the finger at ourselves instead of the White women, who outnumber us in massive numbers, who voted for Trump?

Blaming Black people for Trump is idiotic on so many levels.

A block of votes which we have NEVER fully utilized. Moreover, we were 13% of the population when we got the voting rights laws passed as well

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back